3 ☾⋆。°✩

Lain's Pov:

Tofer was my angel in a way.

Ever since I had manifested from earth he had also been born with me. He didn't have to eat, sleep or even grow. He's stayed the same size for many, many years. He even found ways to advise me without words.

"You know Tofer if you talk I wont tell anyone." I whispered while he laid on the soft blankets I set up for him. He only turned his head in something that resembled annoyance. I heard the sounds of Soren's horse trotting it's way towards us. Me and Tofer were coddled together on the front porch so I could get a clear view of him.

His white hair was messily tied up and his eyes sporadically searched for what I'm assuming to be me. there was a dagger on a sheath that went around his torso. His sleeves were rolled up to his forearms giving me a fantastic view of his veins.

"We're right here you oaf!" I called out loudly while holding my hands around my mouth causing his head to snap in my direction. He slung himself off his horse and languidly made a move towards me.

"Tofer, this is Soren. Don't embarrass me." I whispered to him to which he bleated in response and stood up to move farther from me. I laughed and tried smoothing out my wrinkled baby blue dress.

By now Soren was right up at the porch.

"Good morning, Lain." He said while smiling.

"Goodbye, Soren." I said before hurriedly standing up and rushing to get into my home. I slammed the door for good measure. I giggled in anticipation of how he would react. while I was sure he was left dumbfounded outside my door I went to my room to bring out the bag I had prepared for his arrival. It had been over nine moons since I had last seen Soren and quite frankly I didn't enjoy that. You cant just let a girl get used to friendship and then disappear on her.

I heard his heavy footsteps searching for me. He had been doing that a lot so far. I decided to cut it short and walked out to find him looking in my linen closet. As if sensing my presence he turned to face me.

"You yourself said you know how busy a patrollers schedule is." I could hear the amusement in his voice. He sounded calm and he had a silly grin on his face. I almost denied it but held my tongue.

"Don't mind me, It's just I've been having horrible stomach cramps." I partially lied. I was having stomach cramps but I also had been missing his company.

His face softened and he repeatedly scanned over me in concern. Feeling flustered I walked up to him and pressed my hands against his eyes. I wasn't used to people caring about me being in pain.

"It's nothing bad. Let's get going already." I told him with my hands still over his eyes. He lifted his own and clasped them around my wrists before gently moving them down.

"Are you sure? we could postpone this for another day." He said while rubbing circles into my wrists. I nodded to assure him.

"Tell me with words, Lain." His usually soft and raspy voice hardened.

"yes."

❂❂❂❂❂

Soren's loud laugh drew attention towards us. We had already been getting lot's of looks and as we passed by people they would bow their heads which made me all kinds of uncomfortable.

"So help me, Soren please hush." I pleaded leaning into his side so I could discreetly stomp his foot. He didn't even flinch and instead smiled down at me.

"You're going to have to put more force into that, sweetheart. You seem to be a little behind in physically strength." He teased before putting his palm flat on my head. I swatted his hand and huffed before walking ahead of him, I had no idea where we were headed so I relied on his regaled directions.

We finally made it to what seemed to be a medic's shop. Soren took my hand and led me to the only worker there.

"Do you have anything for stomach cramps?" He asked the gruff looking man who only rigidly nodded.

"Is it for me?" I whispered to him meekly. He blushed warmly and said yes. I leaned in to give him a quick hug.

"Thanks." I said.

The clerk turned around and began looking through the shelves of spices, feathers, animal parts, plants, and bottled liquids. I bumbled in excitement as I frantically looked around in amazement. The man came back with a blue liquid held in a funny looking jar and placed it in front of me.

"That will be two to silver coins." The workers rough voice said. Soren absentmindedly gave the man four while I picked up the jar and we made our way towards the exit. Just as we were leaving I hear the worker again.

"Thank you, king." I paused for a moment before continuing. Once we reached a place with less people wandering I began my questioning.

"You're the king?" I asked for confirmation while side eyeing him.

"Yes. King of Lux."

"ah..." I didn't know what else to say. I always knew he would be someone high in authority. Even as playful and careless as he is he always had an air of importance to him. He walked as if he had control over any and everyone. Which I suppose he does.

"Do you mind that?" He seemed curious and his facial expression showed it. This is how I knew he was talented. Another thing I noticed is how open he portrayed himself to be but I could still feel how guarded he was. He never tried to be stoic. I took notice of how under any circumstance he had at least two weapons on him that were visible. I wanted to see to which extent this played out to.

"No, I suppose I don't." I said after pondering. He looked relieved by my answer. We began walking again, this time I was the one giving him directions. We found ourselves in front of my favorite book store.

"Drink it." He told me.

"Huh?" I spoke stupidly.

He only leaned and took the glass out of my tight grasp. He popped it open and returned it to me. I had completely forgotten about the medicine after his revelation.

"Drink."

I did as he told and gulped it down. He nodded in approval when I was done and took the empty jar out of my hand. "Good girl." He made his way towards the door and I followed behind him blushing profusely.

The bell chimed when Soren held the door open for me. I walked in and tugged on his shirt for him to follow.

"Welcome to Mandy's Book Store!" I heard the chirpy voice of Cameron even though I couldn't yet see her face. When I came into view her face contorted into one of joy and then shock once she noticed who was behind me. I could see a mischievous glint in her eye and that worried me.

❂❂❂❂❂

Hi! I cant believe this book has 60 reads that's mind boggling to me. Thank you to those who voted that genuinely means the world to me. I'll be updating this frequently btw, I have so much planned.

see you soon (hopefully.)

☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆