VIII

Sorry for the delay everyone!! I was on holiday!! ENJOY!!

-

Ladies and gentlemen, the first race of the F1 season is just moments away, and the atmosphere here in Bahrain is electric. All eyes are on the front row of the grid, where Claude Beaufort has secured pole position with a sensational qualifying performance. He'll be eager to prove his doubters wrong and show that he's still a force to be reckoned with following Abu Dhabi last year. His teammate, Noah Blanchett, struggled during pre-season testing, but he has come back with a vengeance, securing second place on the grid. These two have caused quite a stir in the racing world, following their physical altercation at the end of last season, but we have been assured by various sources that they are now good friends, both on and off track. If that is true, we are about to find out.

Behind them, we have last year's champion and Red Bull driver, Enzo Bucci, in third place, and his teammate Stefan Berkhoff in Fourth. Berkhoff has become a favourite amongst the fans, following the release of his documentary last year, while Bucci is a veteran who knows how to get the job done. They'll be looking to make their presence felt today and potentially upset the front runners.

Claude's hands tightened around the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. He relished the familiar sensations that coursed through his body as he prepared for the race. The mix of nerves and excitement, the anticipation that hung in the air, the slight dampness of his palms - it was exhilarating.

Since his impressive performance at car testing, time had slipped through his fingers like sand in an hourglass. He had been whisked away to another training camp, this time close to the circuit in Bahrain, where he could focus solely on honing his skills and adjusting to the climate. The absence of Noah in the training sessions was also a welcome reprieve.

Immersed in a sea of ambitious drivers, each striving to outdo the other, Claude found himself engaged in a captivating dance of competition with Theo, the two never quite managing to outgrow their longstanding friendly rivalry. He had missed training with other people. There was only so long he could tolerate Noah and that was not very long.

Throughout those intense couple of weeks, Claude only saw fleeting glimpses of elusive Englishman and it was evident that the driver was making a conscious effort to avoid any direct confrontation with him. Perhaps he'd hoped that the frenchman would not notice the absence of those six assistants. A sly smirk tugged at the corner of Claude's lips as he realised that his offhand remark about Noah's entourage had struck a nerve. He was clearly insecure, despite how he acted. Perhaps this was something that Claude could use to his advantage.

Qualifying had unfolded with an air of unpredictability, leaving Claude in a state of confusion. He had finished P1, which he had never doubted but Noah? The driver had somehow managed to secure second place on the grid trailing behind Claude by a mere 0.4 seconds. It was a result that defied Claude's expectations, shattering the preconceived notions he had harboured about the English driver's competence.

He wanted to be annoyed, but buried beneath the layers of disdain, there flickered a glimmer of begrudging admiration. And now they were lined up on the grid. P1 and P2 taken up by the two red Ferraris.

Claude stared at the track ahead, desperate to stop thinking about his teammate. His paling knuckles flexed on the steering wheel and the lights loomed overhead, poised to unleash the thrilling chaos of the race. With a final exhale, he banished final thoughts of Noah, the rivalry, and the all other distractions. All that mattered was the road ahead, his skill, and winning this race.

And it's lights out and away we go! The first race of the F1 season has officially begun, and Beaufort is showing his competitors how it's done. He's made an incredible start and is already pulling away from Blanchett as they approach the first corner. And that is a close call for Blanchett who has just almost collided with one of the Red Bulls. But it looks like he's managed to avoid disaster and is now hot on Beaufort's heels. It's clear that these two Ferraris are not going to let anyone get in their way.