Chapter 17: General Shock

Andrea headed up to their room and completely lost her cool as she began throwing furniture and cursing so much it would make an Army sergeant blush. Meanwhile, downstairs Jay looked at Aula and said "What the hell was that?" and she said, "Instead of alleviating it, using her powers increased it...Agathor probably knew we'd try this...he's using our past against us at this point". Jay said "So what do we do now? and Aula said, "There's nothing we can do, he has Victoria now and we need the 2 sets of dream partners to fully combat him". 

She continued and said "If we fight Victoria now as we are, we will all die, she's highly powerful, more powerful than you guys combined and without her, we can't locate another grownup Victoria...I'm sure Agathor has gotten to them all by now". Jay grunted and said, "So we're just gonna sit here and wait for time to be destroyed huh?" Aula said "I'm sorry for being pessimistic but we're all out of logical options". He smiled and said "Well I guess I'll have to make you some" before heading upstairs to his wife's room.

When he opened the door, the once beautiful room was a scene of carnage; there were holes in the walls, the furniture was smashed or thrown, and in the middle of it all, sat his wife. Tears continued to trail down her cheeks and blood ran down the tips of her knuckles. He walked over, sat on the floor next to her, and held her as her crying increased violently. There was a knock on the door before it opened, revealing Julie standing there. Jay turned to her and mouthed the words "Victoria is gone" and she nodded before raising her thumb and pointing it to the left towards the stairs. He nodded and she returned to gesture and headed back downstairs as he asked.

Andrea continued to cry until nothing more could come out and she had fallen asleep. Jay sighed and carried her over to her mother's office and laid her on the couch in there and covered her up before heading downstairs where the family waited. Julie said "Is she sleeping?" and he nodded before asking, "Has Aula explained everything?" and she nodded and said, "Yes...but I'm more worried about how you and Andrea are gonna handle this mess". Jay smiled and said "I'm hurting but I can handle it and I'll just have to help Andrea through it before we can find a solution.

A few hours, Jay had cleaned up the room and was now studying with Carlos in his room on the forbidden topic of chaotic channeling. Carlos smiled and said "We can't defeat Victoria with regular powers but we can use chaotic energy...see Agathor anticipated our attacks and prepared but I'm betting you he's not expecting that none of us would come to kill Victoria so he's using that as armor". Jay smiled and said "you're right, if Victoria was invincible then that means he wouldn't be able to stop to her either...but...do we really have to kill her?". Carlos said "look that's my fiancée I don't wanna kill her but if we can't change her back then I'm afraid it has to come down to that...I know it's evil but it's for the sake of the timeline". 

The door opened and in walked Andrea with a stern look on her face. She said, "We're going to try to save Victoria first but If we can't then I'll be the one to kill her". Jay looked at her before she cut him off and said "I birthed her and I'll be the one to take her out of this world and then I guess I'll kill myself...there's no place for a mother who kills her own child so if she goes then I go". Jay sighed and said, "Look no one's dying if I can help it okay, but if worse comes to worst then we'll do it together...but you are not dying yet not until we fix this timeline...I'll be damned if I leave this world before the person who took my child".

Andrea turned to Carlos and said "What do we have to do to get to Victoria?" and he sighed and said," Chaotic power is more powerful than harmony so you'll have to learn it in order to convert enough power to jump 20 years forward and hit the target directly". He said "But first you have to learn how to channel it properly or you'll die in a fiery explosion or turn into Victoria...but I can't teach you how to channel, since Aula removed the pages out of my book, you'll have to convince her". Andrea marched downstairs to the Astro- god's room and knocked on the door before entering. Aula broke her meditation and said "no my child, I will not allow you to learn the forbidden topic again". Andrea said," why not, it may be our last hope".

Aula sighed and said "Be that as it may, I can't allow the rules to be broken and you to risk being transformed" and Andrea said, "The universe is crumbling, fuck those rules and let us have a chance". Aula raised her voice and said "No, I shall not" and Andrea raised her voice and said why!" and Aula finally lost her composure and said" You think losing your child hurts, think about how we would feel let alone how your real mother would feel! we're family...that's what you told me after we fought Agathor a second time and celebrated your marriage...we gods have feelings too and I don't want to lose my children...I forever carry the pain of letting Agathor slip through the cracks and turn into that and I will not let the same happen to you!"

Andrea looked at her in shock and said "I'm not like him, trust in me that I'm different, that I can do this! Aula turned her head and said "Very well child, I will allow you to do it but I will take no part in supplying the materials, and neither will Carlos...what you need is in your book...I have returned the pages". With that, Andrea left out of Aula's room and headed back to hers to read the forbidden chapter.