Chapter 1 || a glimmer in the distance.

╔═╗❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖╔═╗
. ࣪⬪ 𖥔 ࣪˖ ✦ ⬪. ࣪˖
Author's Note: There will be mild injuries (bruises, scrapes, etc.) and the entire book is 3rd person.
Also wow, you're actually reading this? Not to judge, I'm just genuinely surprised.
Have fun reading lol.
˖ ࣪ . ⬪ ˖ ࣪𖥔˖ ✦. 𖥔
╚═╝ ❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖╚═╝

𖥔

˖

The morning shined through colored leaves and empty yellow pathways. The sound of morning birds and buzzing bees quietly echoed through out the waking town. As the sun rose from it's nightly slumber, a yellow window opened to greet the new day. Home, a living red house with a blue roof and curious eyes, gently creaked all the blinds open, allowing the sun's rays to shine against a sleeping beauty. Wally darling, a yellow puppet with a smile merry and joyous, slowly opened his eyes and lifted his head from his resting place. He rubbed his eyes, brushed his hair to the side with his hand, and looked over towards the open window near his bedside.

"Good Morning, Home."

He spoke with a yawn, stretching his arms as he moved his yellow and red striped sheets. Home creaked and shut one of the open windows in the house, greeting him back. Wally slipped from his bedding and wondered to his dresser. Home shut his eyes, allowing Wally to get dressed and clean himself up privately. If a living house can have proper manners, you can too.

After a few long minutes of hairspray, gel, and a tad bit of make up, Home opened his eyes and "smiled" at Wally, who was checking himself out in the mirror. He was dressed in his usual outfit; colorful pants, black and white shoes, a white button up, a blue overcoat decorated with a short velvety neck scarf. He wore blush on his face along side reddish eye shadow that reflected light like a cartoon.

"Ah, look at me.. How do I look, Home?"

Home creaked and squeaked, moving a floorboard and opening the front door. Wally "laughed".. or, laughed as best he could. His laugh is a tad bit silly.

"That's good. You look nice and ready too."

Wally gleefully complimented the building as he stepped outside. The morning shined with colorful life as he gently placed his right hand gently on the open door and covered the top of his eyes with his left. He skipped towards his painters set, which was placed just at the front of his house. A small blue stool and tan canvas sat on the right side of house, the canvas facing Home so the house could see whatever Wally was drawing. The puppet sat on the stool, crossing his legs as he reached for his wooden pallet, which was stained from old projects. He slipped his brush from the edge of the easel, then stared at the large blank canvas in front of him. He hummed a flat note, pondering on what to create...

He tore his eyes away from the blank canvas, peering into the forest as he bit the end of his paintbrush.. (with no teeth 'cuz he's a puppet). His eyes searched the lush, hoping some form of animal would grab his attention... but that wasn't exactly what he first saw.
In the far distance reflected the bright light of the sun as it stepped through the thick wilderness. It was mostly white with a tad bit of red and blue... simple colors. Something Wally had never seen before. He gently placed down his paintbrush and empty pallet, sliding off his stool as he settled them in his place. He began to walk over towards the glimmering light before a loud slam froze him in place. Home had slammed the door shut, causing Wally to spin around towards him.

"Ah- Home? What's the matter?"

Home stared at Wally, then towards the forest before settling back at him. He mimicked a raised eyebrows with his blue curtains that were usually his "eye lids".