Chapter 3 || old faces, new people

╔═╗❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖╔═╗
. ࣪⬪ 𖥔 ࣪˖ ✦ ⬪. ࣪˖
Author's Note: mentions of injury and broken family resemblance. (Both of these are very minor but you can't be too careful!)
Also;
Took a short break from writing cuz I'm a bit busy, sorry to leave y'all on a cliff hanger(???). Also Wally is struggling with telling the difference between platonic and romantic feelings so BUCKLE UP.
˖ ࣪ . ⬪ ˖ ࣪𖥔˖ ✦. 𖥔
╚═╝ ❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖╚═╝

𖥔

˖

As the sun rose from it's blissful slumber; Wally laid in his bed, staring up at the ceiling of Home. Despite his "slumber", Wally couldn't stop thinking about Homestar. It was like a bug in his brain, a worm in an apple, a pest in the walls of his skull that refused to budge... His hands laid flat on his chest, crossed as though he were stuck in a coffin. He slowly looked over towards Home's eyes as the building slept peacefully, the curtains closed shut so no light could shine through. Wally huffed, "biting" the insides of his cheeks with nonexistent teeth before he slipped from his mattress. His feet landed with soft padded thumps as he wandered towards his wardrobe, quickly changing into his usual blue with mostly rainbow outfit. He adjusted his necktie, his fingers gently ringing his neck as he traced a thick seam that held him together. He looked around Home, his mind flooded with thoughts and feelings he never expected to have in his life. Why was he thinking about him so much? What was so different about this absolute stranger that's causing him to feel so strained? He felt as though he needed to impress Homestar somehow, to thank him for helping his injury and taking him in... Wally hunted as he grabbed a broom from behind his wardrobe and began to clean as much as he could of Home, despite the building himself being fairly clean.

As time passed, the door to Home swung open, causing him to wake in a panic. Wally stepped out of home, sweeping dirt, dust and webbings out to the open world. A loud creak escaped Home, annoyed and startled from the sudden movements forced upon him. Wally walked out the door, continuing to sweep as the door suddenly slammed to grab his attention. The puppet jumped from the noise, turning to face Home.

"Good morning, Home. Sorry for the scare, I'm just trying to get you ready for the day! Nothing else."

Wally smiled as he finished sweeping up the sidewalk that lead to Home's front door. The building squinted, glaring at Wally with negativity. The small puppet walked over, placing a hand on the left window sill as he stared into Home's eye. He held the broom to his side, the tool being a foot taller than him.

"I'm sorry, I mean that, okay? I'm just felling-... feeling... Ha!- I don't even know what I'm feeling. Excitement? Nervousness?..."

He paused for a moment, thinking for a long while before stepping away. Home rolled his eyes, a loud creak escaping from his floorboards.

"Maybe I'm feeling a mixture of both! That must be it. Maybe I could ask Julie or Frank later today... I can already imagine their faces when they meet my new friend."

He stood near the door, rambling as Home slowly opened the entrance to let Wally in. With quick footing, the puppet placed away the broom and dusted himself off. He then turned to the door once more, running towards it as quick as he entered to open it become Home could even think of locking him in. He stepped outside, a loud slam from a window echoing through out the neighborhood. Wally laughed, pausing between each "ha" like always.

"Couldn't trick me this time. Sorry not sorry."

Wally turned his gaze towards the forest, smiling before he turned to Home and blew him a kiss. He then took off into the colorful lush as Home sat in loneliness once more... the two were like family, both needing each other for stability, shelter, comfort, and sanity. Even if their small family had cracks, both still cared for each other and would do anything for one another... to the best of their abilities anyways.