A Message Delivered in Blood

Voldemort was extremely nervous about this new development. Voldemort had heard about Alice Potter's new sadistic and bloodthirsty personality from the numerous reports his Death Eaters gave. She had slaughtered an entire town just to become a Lich. Over the last several months, she had become a bigger thorn in his side than she had originally been. Now she had slaughtered Umbridge and Lucius' puppet Minister, and had taken her place as Lady Potter and Lady Peverell on the Wizengamot! With a powerful voting block consisting of Lord Greengrass and several other Lords on the Dark faction, she had the Ministry discard laws that benefitted the Pure-bloods.

With everything he had learned about Alice Potter, he was terrified! She was truly immortal! Even if he could kill her, he'd have to face the wrath of her demon husband who was reportedly on a whole other level of cruelty than he or Bellatrix. He shuddered at the thought of contending with a God whose wrath and sadism rivaled his own. To say nothing of the fact that Potter can use her magic to ensure that nobody interfered in her schemes was a terrifying concept.

Potter making an example of Umbridge and Fudge had rocked the Wizarding World to the point where her name was more feared than Voldemort himself. Potter was no longer a pawn on the chess board... in fact, she faced Dumbledore, gave him the two finger salute, and jumped off the board, forming her own faction. Dumbledore. He was a senile and foolish old man if he thought his own schemes in using the Girl Who Lived as a martyr was going to go smoothly.

Word from Hogwarts spread that Potter had dueled the headmaster after she tortured and killed Dolores Umbridge... although "dueled" would be overstating how easily Potter disarmed Dumbledore... quite literally disarmed. It was just a one-sided scuffle, more like! Granted, Dumbledore was getting on in years while Potter hadn't even reached her prime, yet she was still far more powerful than even he, Lord Voldemort, could ever begin to comprehend!

Voldemort knew without a shadow of a doubt, that if Alison Potter wanted to, she could slaughter his entire army with ease given that he had murdered her parents which resulted in Dumbledore forcing the girl to live with abusive Muggles. Oh yes, Voldemort had read the Daily Prophet, and every detail of Dumbledore's manipulations had come to light which had sent the Wizarding World into an uproar! People had begun calling for his head on a pike, seeing as it was his fault that their savior had become the most feared Dark Lady since Morgan Le Fay... and this Dark Lady was neigh unstoppable, if not completely unstoppable. Her rage knew no bounds, her lust for revenge burned with a fiery passion.

Oh yes. For the first time in years, Lord Voldemort, formerly known as Thomas Marvolo Riddle, knew true, unbridled fear. Dumbledore didn't seem like such a threat to him anymore in face of this new player. It was Potter who was the real threat now.

The Dark Lord surveyed the room, and saw that his Death Eaters wore somber expressions on their faces. Some didn't even bother to hide their fear. Those who were in the latter category were there at the last Wizengamot meeting... the same meeting where Alice Potter strolled into the chamber, humiliated Fudge, and killed him in the most brutal fashion imaginable. He honestly couldn't blame them for fearing Potter now. Her power rivaled that of himself, Dumbledore, and Grindelwald combined. Hell, her power was like the Dog Star, and they were but ants trying to destroy her and hilariously failing. For the time being, he would focus his efforts on Dumbledore now that the old man was crippled, and now had less members in his Order of the Phoenix.

Voldemort steepled his fingers together. "Lucius. What is the word around the Ministry?" He asked.

"My lord, everyone is terrified of Potter now. After making an example out of Fudge, The Wizengamot dare not challenge her. She's assumed complete and total control of the Ministry without even trying, but she's put Bones in the Minister's seat, seeing as she's one of the few good people in the Ministry." Lucius reported.