Prologue part 2- the road ahead

Lelouch felt sick, apparently as if he hadn't gone through enough, he had now discovered he got violently seasick.

"Eugh" he retched again hearing it splatter on the metal floor. The smell of sick made it worse as the space they were hidden away within was small and cramped which also meant he had to stand in his own vomit. He wondered if anything was worth this, maybe he should have just allowed himself to go back to Pendragon. At least there they would have nice clothes, food and not be on a godforsaken boat. He may have been a pawn but at least he would probably be a well fed one.

"Big Brother? Are you alright" Nunnally's gentle voice called out to him. Lelouch's sense of hopelessness subsided as he remembered why he was doing this. He could not go back to Pendragon, he could tolerate kissing the emperor's ass if necessary, but he would never make his kind sister do the same. Nunnally in all her innocence and kindness would be devoured by the nobility, like a mouse and a snake, she stood no chance of surviving there. That is why he had to keep going, if not for his sake but for hers and for that he could endure.

"I'm fine Nunnally, it turns out I'm seasick who could have guessed!" Lelouch replied trying to turn the situation into a joke but he would see worry still etched on her brow.

"Even if I feel a little rough now, I will be fine when we reach Zilkhstan" he said combing his hand through her hair. Even though the pair hadn't showered for days, Nunnally still looked adorable though Lelouch felt guilty looking at how shabby her clothes were.

"Big Brother, do you think we will be happy in Zilkhstan?" She asked cuddling close to him. He could almost feel her looking up at him hopefully if not for the fact her eyes were closed shut.

"Yes Nunna, I do, it will be a new start away from the imperial family, we can live peacefully now" he reassured stroking her hand

"But how? We have nothing except our clothes! How can we survive Big Brother?" Nunnally's voice grew louder and Lelouch quickly shushed her, fearful of being discovered.

"I will find a way Nunnally, I am your big brother, this is for me to worry about please trust that everything will be ok. I will never let anything happen to you, not ever" he whispered holding her close. Suddenly he could hear people close, and his heart sank.

" Did you hear that! It sounded like someone in trouble!" No, NO.

They had been discovered, Lelouch prayed that they wouldn't find them, it was all over.

"Yeah I did, hold on it stinks of sick here...what if" the voices grew clearer and suddenly he could see hands appearing at the small opening of the panel. It suddenly moved and they were expose.

"Gah! What the fuck?! Kids!" The man said in English, Lelouch grew hopeful at this since if the man spoke English then he would perhaps be more lenient towards them. They were pulled out of the gap and Lelouch's shoes quickly began dripping on the clean floor.

"Have you been in there since Japan?" The second man asked

"Yes.." Lelouch answered honestly afraid of what would happen next.

"Damn it, we are nearly at Zilkhstan, we can't turn around now. Do we hand them over to the embassy?" The second man asked

"Are you kidding? We will get in trouble for not checking throughly! We should just leave em with the National Guard" the other replied

"Wait! All we want to do is get away from Britannia, it's not safe for us there!" Lelouch pleaded.

The man that had found them nelt down and placed his hand on Lelouch's shoulder

"Everything is going to be fine kid, we won't send you back, but we will find you a place where you can be nice and safe. How about we get you a proper room and some food, you've been squashed down there for a while" he said smiling at Lelouch and Nunnally.