CHAPTER TEN

Draco spent the next few weeks ignoring Elise, barely talking to her, let alone anyone else. Elise had almost forgotten that he existed until she saw him in her Potions class one morning, his eyes sunken deep into his greyish face.

"Hard night?" Blaise laughed, taking his usual seat beside Draco.

"You can't even imagine." He hushed, so quiet Elise barely even heard him over the chatter of the class.

"Welcome students," Professor Slughorn grinned as he entered the classroom, "to another wonderful lesson!"

Blaise scoffed, "why is he so chipper this morning?"

Elise shrugged, over the past few weeks, she had managed to become somewhat accustomed to his peculiar persona. "Might have had some extra Felix Felicis."

"So students," he began writing up on the chalkboard behind him. "Today we shall be doing something nice and simple. You should all be aware of the Dreamless Sleep Potion..." He glanced around the classroom, smiling as Hermione Granger nodded eagerly. With a wave of his hand, a set of instructions appeared behind him, "now, can anyone tell me the uses of the Dreamless Sleep Potion?"

Hermione raised her hand in an instant, "similar in nature to the Sleeping Draught, the Dreamless Sleep Potion is arguably more powerful by virtue of the fact that it can prevent the drinker from dreaming while under its effect. This is especially useful in cases of exposure to extremely traumatic events, allowing the drinker some respite from troubling and painful thoughts as their body rests." She glanced over at Harry Potter, "it's a very useful potion indeed!"

"Perfect Miss Granger!! Now, could you name the ingredients?" He raised his brows, almost not expecting her to be able to, something Elise knew was a clear misunderstanding.

"Honeywater, Sopophorous Bean, Lavender and Chamomile," she paused to think, "and Moly plants."

Blaise whispered under his breath, "know it all."

"Marvelous job! Now, if everyone could collect the ingredients listed by Miss Granger, and follow the instructions on the board. I expect to have a dreamless sleep tonight." He chuckled to himself, writing the instructions on the board behind him before taking his seat at the front of the class.

"Oh," Draco grabbed Elise's arm, "get my ingredients?"

She scoffed, "finally speaking to me?"

"Come on..." he pleaded with her, biting his lip.

And looking in his fading eyes, Elise couldn't bring herself to say no. "Fine," she shrugged. "Come on then Blaise, help me carry it all." She led him over to the storage cupboard with a sigh.

"Trouble in paradise?" Asked Blaise as he collected his cauldron.

Elise took hers and Draco's cauldrons, stacking them together. "Paradise? Hardly..." Before Blaise could speak again, Elise made sure to cut in. "Get three phials of Honeywater," she pointed him over in the direction as she grabbed a handful of Sopophorous Beans, dropping them into her cauldron.

"Now what?"

"Weren't you listening?" Elise responsed with a laugh.

"To Granger?" He raised his brows, "why would I be?"

"She's smart Blaise, much smarter than you..."

"How much that hurts me Elise, I am truly wounded." Blaise rolled his eyes, stepping closer to her, "now what?"

"Lavender and Chamomile.... stalks and flowers." She shook her head, reaching past him to collect some Moly plants. "Come on then."

With a grin, they walked back over to where Draco sat, placing out all of the ingredients in front of them.