Snowdrop Coffee Shop

Dumb debate: be featured on r/menwritingwomen or r/MenAndFemales

TW: cursing

---

"Hello, welcome to Snowdrop Coffee Shop! What can I do for you-" Dressed up in his cafe employee uniform, Milo could swear Ezra's smile grew a little wider, if that was possible. Perhaps just a little more real. "Milo! Hi!"

"Hello," Milo raised a hand in a little wave, smiling contentedly. The sunny weather and outdoor seating had him in an uncharacteristically good mood. That, and the presence of the very attractive waiter.

"Still studying for your SATs?"

"Yeah," The dark-skinned boy sighed. If he didn't know it would get stuck, he would've run a hand through his shock of hair. "Man, I'm tired."

"I feel you," Ezra said sympathetically. "But hey, after this shitshow, plus finals, I'll be free and have to... Enter... The American... Job market... Permanently."

His smile faded.

"Oh, shit. I'm like, an adult-adult now." 

After a moment of tense silence, his smile returned and he clapped his hands.

"Well, enough about me! I assume you want something with caffeine?" 

A nod of confirmation and an 'at this point, I don't care - surprise me,' later, Milo was alone again. He huffed and opened his laptop. Ezra always insisted on keeping conversation away from himself, insisting he "remain professional." Every time he started talking about himself, he stopped within a mere moment.

He ached to get to know this mysterious boy.

Ezra felt like someone who could fulfill a need deep down inside of him - and Milo would never know unless he shot his shot.

He would do it, he decided. He would ask Ezra out, or at the very least get his number.

"Here you are!" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Ezra bustled over with a tray of drinks. "One caramel macchiato with an extra shot of expresso!"

"Huh," Milo said slowly, trying to hide skepticism. Ezra's face fell.

"You don't like it?" His question sounded crushed, like his soul had been ripped out.

"No, no, it's just-"

"It's alright, my guy," the paler boy said. "Some of us have bad taste."

Milo pressed a hand over his heart in mock offense. 

"How dare you? Black coffee is the pinnacle of taste."

"Not the only good looking' black thing," Ezra winked, expression quickly changing to regret and panic. "Wait, was that rude? Oh, shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend-"

Ezra's events shot up as he was cut off by the other boy's loud laugh.

"Th-thanks, I-I think," he sputtered between fits of laughter. Maybe he had a shot.

It was now or never.

"Hey, would you.. Would you maybe wanna like, go out with me?" Milo asked, mentally patting himself on the back for not shaking like a leaf. He squeezed his eyes shut in fear of the answer.

"Hell yeah! Gimme your number, man, and I'll hit you up after my shift!"

"Wait..." He blinked in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Ezra stuck a hand into his apron pocket and pulled a pad of paper which Milo assumed was for taking orders out, along with a pen. He scribbled something down quickly and dropped the note on the table. 

xxx-xxx-xxxx

call me <3