Kania Arc - Part Two

Stepping out of the back room, Alex grumbled, patting the ruffles of the maid dress down. "This is insane, you can't expect me to actually do this." He turned to Kira, who was floating in the air, clutching her stomach as she laughed. "You look adorable Alex!" she giggled, landing on the ground. Jess walked over, "Alright you two. You have two hundred galafer to work off." She said as she clapped her hands together. "TWO HUNDRED?" Alex's eyes widened "We'll be here for a week trying to work that off!" he closed his eyes and groaned.

Kira smirked, floating herself up and perching herself on a table "You got this Alex, I believe in you! Mew!" she raised a fist in the air in support. "You're not even gonna help me?!" Alex sank to his knees, the bells on the makeshift cat ears dinging lightly. Jess sighed, facepalming lightly, "Alex, you get behind the counter. Kira, sweep the floors." She ordered, before the two of them groaned and began with their tasks.

Tyler was following Charlie through the streets, ducking in and out of alleyways, until the two arrived at the base of a large hill. "My lighthouse has been troubling me for a few months now," Charlie began, pointing at the building in front of them, "I could do with pushing it back in place, but I'm not much of a bodybuilder, as you could probably tell." He chuckled lightly, gesturing to his own body. Tyler nodded, "So... You want me to push your lighthouse... A building..." he said. He hadn't taken protein powder in quite some time, and whilst he was strong without it... he wasn't this strong. Charlie noticed the unsure expression on Tyler's face, "I guess it was a bit much to ask," he scratched the back of his ear and sighed, "you don't have to stay, you can go back to Kira and your friend."

"I could do it..." Tyler began, as Charlie's ears perked up, "But I need a boost, do you have any... protein powder? It's kinda like- part of my Fliddy but we lost it all a while ago." He sighed as Charlie tilted his head in curiosity, "Protein powder? You got it, follow me." Charlie said, running up the hill, heading into the lighthouse. Tyler shrugged, before following him and entering the building.

The inside of the lighthouse almost perfectly matched its exterior. Nature had taken over, with thorny vines hanging from the banisters and stretching down the walls; small tubes were connected to the thorns, as purple liquid seemed to drain from them. "Be careful not to touch those! If any of those vines stick into you, you'll be dead in five minutes, and I have no clue what the antidote is." Charlie explained as he rummaged through drawers, cupboards, and his science equipment. "You're a scientist?" Tyler asked, crossing his arms to keep as far away from the plants as possible. "Yeah! That's why I was shoved into an old lighthouse away from the others," he laughed "Aha! Found it!"

Charlie held up a small clear box, full to the brim with what looked like pill-sized capsules. "They don't have anything in yet, but I'm sure if we fill them with your powder... it can be like pocket-sized protein! All you'd need to do would be bite one." He explained, setting the box down on his desk. "If you give me... say 10 minutes? I can whip up a batch of protein powder for ya, feel free to explore. But don't touch the vines." Tyler nodded, "That would be great man, thanks."

Back at the café, Alex and Kira were hard at work, the café had picked up in customers as soon as the word got out that a guy was working there. Girls flooded out of the door and into the street, trying to get a look at Alex. Kira huffed, pushing her way through the line and standing at the front, "Could you run out into the street, so I have a moment to clean, please, mew!" she said angrily, "And why do you look so pleased with yourself!" she scowled, taking a cookie from the counter and biting into it. "That's another 3 Galafer to your bill Kira!" Jess called out, causing Kira to stop and whine. Alex grinned, laughing at Kira, "You're just jealous I'm the one getting the attention, aren't you?" He smirked, crossing his arms as Kira shook her head.

Jess appeared next to Alex, "I'll help you on the till for a while, Kira, go, shoo, you're scaring the girls away with your bad attitude." She scolded, and Kira picked up her broom once more, mumbling curse words to herself as she entered the back room. "You know..." Jess began, taking orders and money from the customers, "I never had big hopes for Kira, she never really showed an interest in things like her siblings did... and when she ran away to be a doctor I thought 'This is it, she'll finally do something with her life' and then... she comes here, saying she's a pirate," She sighed, "I don't have anything against you being a pirate of course, but Kira's my daughter... I do care about her."