Keone Springs Arc - Part Two

A loud crash boomed through the small village as Uyekura stood up, causing him to rock, almost tumbling over until Tyler caught him. Someone burst through the door panicked, "Uyekura! They are here early!" They began as Uyekura's eyes widened, seeing the shaking woman, "We don't have enough food! T-they are going to take the kids!" Kira ran over to the hyperventilating woman, attempting to soothe her. Uyekura grabbed his cane, hobbling out of the small hut. Soldiers surrounded the village, all dressed in shining gold armour, their faces hidden behind masks. Kira and Tyler hid behind the door, watching the exchange from afar.

"Mr Sassai. We request that you surrender the children immediately, as you cannot provide sufficient meals for The Seers." One of the soldiers stepped forward, jamming their spear into the ground. Kira hissed quietly, the claws extending from her knuckles in preparation. "I'm afraid you will not be taking any children today, our contract states-" Uyekura began, before being interrupted, "Your contract states that The Seers may change said contract anytime they wish, they require food, you must provide." Tyler looked down at Kira, before popping a Protein Pill in his mouth, holding it between his teeth. "Do you think we should step in, mew?" Kira whispered, hearing a thoughtful hum from Tyler. "Wait... be prepared for anything."

All of a sudden, a scream was heard, as the woman from before was grabbed and pushed to her knees. "Give us the children, and no harm will come to anybody here." The soldier shouted, pressing his spear into the woman's back, although not far enough to pierce the skin. "We shall not!" Uyekura yelled in return. For a second, everything went silent, before a quiet pop sounded, and cries filled the area. Kira gasped, covering her mouth. The woman had been punctured from behind, the spear directed through her on an angle, and buried in the ground on the other side of her chest. Blood dripped from the wound and her mouth as she hung there, lifeless.

"Go. Now Kira." Tyler ordered, popping the pill as his muscles once again began to expand. Kira nodded, vanishing with a puff and reappearing in the air behind a soldier, using her legs to snap his neck. Bursting out of the cabin, Tyler's arms swept at the golden men, sending them toppling over like bowling pins, before crushing them with his huge fists. Kira drifted down to the ground; her claws extended as she slashed at the fighters around her. Their armour seemed to be slowing them down, as they tripped over each other's feet, landing in a pile over Kira. Disappearing once more, Kira popped back into existence near Tyler, her eyes narrowed, "Something isn't right mew... they don't fight well, but they are soldiers." Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, lifting one of the soldiers and tearing off its mask. Crackling, the suit of armour fizzed, before beeping rhythmically.

Kira gasped, everything around her moving in slow motion as she ripped the suit away from Tyler and floated upwards with it. The beeping became louder and faster as she continued upwards, before she threw it in the direction of the water. As soon as it had left her hands however, the golden robot exploded, sending her flying backwards and towards the ground.

"Kira!" Tyler boomed, extending his arms as she fell into them, her face covered with dark ash. Looking up, Tyler noticed the villagers were huddled in a corner, Uyekura included, all cowering in fear of the two. "You... You could have killed us all..." Uyekura exclaimed, looking down at the destroyed robots by their feet.

Alex and Kai watched Cynthia, their eyes darting around the wall behind her as they watched her paint. She was graceful, tiptoeing around like a dancer as the walls splashed with colour. "What do you boys think?" she spoke, turning to face the two, revealing her large painting. "Uhm... what is it?" Kai asked, raising an eyebrow. "It's us, look, that's you... that's Cynthia, and that's me!" Alex pointed out, before hearing footsteps echo down the corridor. The three children looked at each other in panic, before sitting on the ground in silence.