Chapter 5 - Fragmented Memory

Ro opened her eyes, a nurse was driving a hospital wheelie-baby nest with a baby version of herself in swaddle cloth. Ro looked at the date of the calendar, it was the day that she was born. Ro followed the nurse until they got to a patient room, with a woman and her husband. Why do they look familiar to her? Ro realized it was her parents.

"Here's your beautiful baby girl." The nurse said

The nurse then left the room, and Ro looked back at her parents; her mother held the baby Ro in her arms. Ro smiled at this moment, but why is it a piece of a memory of seeing Great uncle Mitch or Midas? Until she looked back at the door, it was opened by her Grandpa Chico who was with another man with the same star hair in the family photo. That man must be Midas in his human form, and "Mitch" is his human name.

"Aww, can I hold her?" Grandpa Chico asked.

"Sure you can. Be careful." My mom nodded

She hands over baby Ro to Grandpa Chico. He begins to cradle her and tell her how cute she is.

"Aww, Look at her.. Look how cute she is" Great Uncle Mitch said in awe.

Mitch made a cute noise and looked at her face first, and tisked; and made a funny face, which made the baby Ro laugh and giggled.

"Hey Jon, I have a cradle for little Ro. Wanna see if you want it?" Mitch asked Father Jon

"Yeah, Give us time to take care of her." Father Jon nodded.

"Okay" Mitch accepted

"My Little Gemstone..." Mitch said with a warm smile and kissed the baby on the forehead. How sentimental he was.

Now

Ro woke up, back to the present. Ro could see Rene and Midas worried about her. Ro sat up, and put her hand on her head, wiped the sweat off.

"I know, Midas. You wanted to show me and my dad this for so long, but we were too busy and it was forgotten...You were the man in the photo." Ro said in realization

"What photo?" Midas asked

Ro gets her backpack, unzips it and grabs her scrapbook that Father Jon gave her, to find the picture that she was referring to. Ro turns some pages until she gets to the picture in question. Midas looked at the picture.

"Such good memories." Midas sighed

"Oh, I can see the similarities." Rene looked at the photo

Ro and Midas hugged each other, as a simple grand niece and uncle reunion. Rene looked at them in awe as she smiled. She could not wait for her children to come into this world and the great memories they would make. Family always will come first.