Chapter 81

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

When Mama had finally managed to get up which took forever because of how old she was, we left my room. Old people moved so slow and Mama was almost 40. That meant she was ancient. I was only 22 which meant that I was still young and spry.

Soon I would be 23 and I kind of dreaded it. Being older was no fun and I didn't fancy the idea of getting older. I felt Mama tug on my hand and I realized I had stopped walking while having gotten lost in my thoughts. I followed after her, tugging on her sleeve slightly. Mama glanced at me after a moment, giving me her full attention.

"My birthday is in two months," I informed her, making her smile softly.

"Is it? How old will you be?" Mama asked. The question should have been so easy to answer but it took me a minute to think of the answer. Right now, my mind was telling me that I was four. So that meant I should be turning five on my birthday. I shook that thought away, managing to formulate the right answer.

"I'm turning 23," I answered after a moment, a small smile on my lips. It was a nervous smile, one that clearly showed that I clearly wasn't looking forward to it.

"Oh, so you'll be a big girl," Seraphina cooed. Her words made me flush and I whined softly. I was already a big girl, she was being a meanie.

"Am a big girl," I muttered in protest at her words.

"Oh really? How old are you right now?" Something in her voice made me hesitate as my mind got even more fuzzy. I couldn't rightly remember now that she asked that and that was all her fault. I squeezed her hand hard, trying to show my upset by causing her pain. Apparently that didn't work well because she just lightly squeezed my hand back.

"Leave me alone butthead," I muttered as I pulled my hand away from her. I heard one of the guards snort and I turned to glare at him with a small frown on my lips. "Something funny mister?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips. He had a few inches on me in height so I had to look up to stare into his eyes.

"Suzanna, don't be mean to the guards," Mama said as she grabbed my elbow, gently pulling me along wit her. I huffed softly as I let her pull me away, keeping my eyes trained on the guard to show my displeasure.

"I wasn't being mean Mama," I whined softly. I hadn't been mean at all yet. If I was going to be mean then the guard would have been kicked in the knees.

"Okay well perhaps mean wasn't the right word but don't try and stir up trouble with them either," Mama said after a moment. I huffed at her words, not believing that she would try and tell me what to do. She was not my boss. Well she was but she wasn't the boss of whether I could cause trouble or not.

"Butthead," I muttered under my breath, freezing when Seraphina turned to look at me.

"No more name calling, little miss," Mama said as she tapped the tip of my nose. I had flinched away from her at first before realizing what she was doing. I pushed her hand away with a pout as I headed to the dining hall. I sat with Draya, practically glued to her side with how close I had pushed my chair to hers.

"You're clingy today," Draya said as she wrapped an arm around me. I shook my head to deny her words, resting my head on her shoulder. She hummed softly as she pressed a kiss to the top of my head as breakfast was served. I really didn't feel like eating after yesterday and despite how strong I had been acting, my chest still hurt sometimes.

"No eat," I whispered as I pushed the plate away. I slid out of my chair, crawling under the table where Phoenix and Kelpie were. Phoenix had obviously been snacking on some sort of treat, I could smell it on her breath. Kelpie on the other hand was chewing on Orion's shoe. Even though he kept moving his foot, she kept following it.

I giggled softly as I watched her chase his foot, turning when I felt a hand tap my leg lightly. Kamili had kneeled down next to the table and was looking at me.

"Aren't you hungry?" she asked softly. I shook my head as my stomach growled and I cursed it for betraying me. I had no option but to tell the truth now that my tummy had betrayed me.

"Scared it poisoned," I whispered to her. Kamili nodded in understanding, sitting there for a moment.

"What if I take a bit of everything from your plate and try it? Would that make you feel better?" Kamili offered. I shook my head. That would not make me feel better because then she would be poisoned if the food was poisoned and I actually really liked Kamili.

"I think she just wants to steal your breakfast," Pandora's voice made me turn again and I realized she had crawled under the table. I giggled softly at her words as she sat next to me.

"No," I shook my head. Her words were funny but I didn't think they were true.

"Are you going to be like this with every meal or is it just breakfast specifically?" Pandora asked. I whined softly as I shrugged. I truly didn't know. "Well how about we go ask Issac to make something simple for you to eat and you can watch him make it? Would that make you feel better?" she offered.

"Yes Aunty Panda," I nodded my head, making Pandora sigh softly. She flicked my head before scooting out from underneath the table. She apparently hadn't scooted far enough though because she hit her head on the edge of the table.

"Shit," Pandora muttered as she rubbed her forehead.

"Language," Mama and Draya said it at the same time and it made me giggle even more. They were both so funny when they talked at the same time.