A find in the snow - Logan x Charles x Reader

All parts in italics are Charles talking through Logan.

"I know ya there. I can smell ya." The man called out, as he continued to puff on the old stogie. His heavy, warm breath, mixing with the smoke from his cigar creating quite an interesting cloud that appeared to surround him for a moment before drifting off into the cold night air. The female mutant staying back in the shadows. Moving just enough so that she could get a better look at him. She knew that she shouldn't reply. That she shouldn't give into her need to respond to his bating, because she knew that was what he was doing. But she had always been told that her desire to fight back. To respond to what others said to her and about her, would cause her problems. And here she was.........

"What do you mean...........you can smell me? You trying to say I stink, huh? That coming from a guy that I could smell over the stench of that dive bar." She replied, cursing at herself as the large man chuckled to himself. Turning to look up into the snowy canopy in which she hid.

"Is that any way to talk to someone that wants to help you...........?" Logan called out; sniffing at the air as he watched the snow fall from a few of the pine tree branches.

It was a strange thing that he could smell. It was smoke, though given he and the mysterious female mutant had just escaped for a burning building, that was not a surprise. But it was more than that, more than simple smoke, more than the odour of burning wood. This............this was the smell of..............sulphur..............

"Help me!? Ha! No one wants to help me..........All they want to do is chase me away, or worse. All they do is want to destroy me.........though they always find that that is easier said than done. Or perhaps it is more that you want to help me in the same way that that man did in the bar.........Well, I will tell you what I told him.........I am not interested............" She called out, hugging up against one of the giant trunks. Watching as the big man stood there, his hand moving to his head. One word leaving his lips..........

"Professor...................?"

"She needs help, Logan. She has been on her own for a long time. You need to bring her to us................"

"Yeah, well that's easier said than done, professor. Why don't you get in her head instead of mine and talk to her? That way..........." Logan replied, as he spoke to the man that was many miles away. The feral wondering what this must all look like to the woman in the trees.

"I am afraid I cannot do that, Logan. Her mind is a little different. Although I can sense her........feel her distrust, her fear, I cannot speak to her as I can you. So, perhaps if you will allow me, I will speak to her through you........." Charles explained; Logan quirking his brow as he thought about being used as little more than the professor's mouthpiece, even if just for a moment. Yet as he was up to his knees in the snow, and the cursed white stuff had just started to fall from the sky again, he decided that it was best to just let the more eloquent man deal with this situation. Either that, or it would probably become a standoff between himself and this woman, and he would end up chopping down all the trees with his claws until there was nowhere left for her to hide.

"Okay, professor; but make it quick..............." Logan agreed, before turning around and looking back up into the trees.

"(Y/n).................?" Charles called out through Logan. The female mutant growing wide eyed at the sound of her name. A name that she had not heard since the day that her parents had kicked her out of the house.

"How.............how do you know my name..........? Who are you........?"

"My name is Charles, Charles Xavier; and the man through whom I am speaking, is called Logan. He and I are like you.........we are both mutants too............"

"You are nothing like me. No one is anything like me............That man there, he can walk down the street; sit in a bar without turning a head. I have to hide away......."

"I know, my dear. I know your appearance makes it impossible for you to show yourself. That you cannot live without fear. That what you are, has made it difficult for you to live with other people. To be near men..........But what if I told you that I could offer you a place to stay? A place where you will not have to be afraid. A place that is full of people that are as special as you are. Where you needn't fear being what you are. Where I can help you with your powers. Help you to deal with the effects that you have..............What would you say to that...............?"

"I would say that you have lost your mind. Either that, or you think that I may be stupid. I am not special..........I am a curse. And if you cared for these "special" people that you speak about, then you wouldn't want me anywhere near them. Now why don't you and the big guy just forget all about me.........?"

"I am afraid I cannot do that, my dear. You see, I was lucky that Logan came across you when he did. There are others looking for you, you see; others that want nothing more than to use you against innocent people. They have no desire to see you safe. To give you a home where you can be you............."

"And how do I know that? How do I know that what you say is true.........? How do I know that you aren't the ones that want to use me...........?"

"I am afraid I have no real way of proving that, unless you go with Logan and let him bring you to me. But I assure you, that all I say is true. Though I promise you, that if you do go with him, and then feel that you don't want to stay, you are free to leave at any time. With your abilities, I assure you, that neither I, nor Logan, nor any other man I know, will be able to stop you............" Charles had Logan call out. The woods falling silent for a moment, until Logan's ears picked up a sound. The big man's body turning to see a figure dressed in a large coat and hood standing in the snow. A smile pulling at the corners of the large feral's lips, as she walked closer.

"Ok then. But if I need to leave, I leave..............."

"Of course, my dear. Now, why don't you follow Logan, and I will see you soon........." Charles agreed, before he released Logan's mind. The large feral shaking his head, before looking at the female mutant in front of him.

"Well, come on then; lets get you away from here before the authorities come looking for the one that set the bar on fire." Logan told her, as he took a puff on his cigar and turned to make his way back to his beat-up old vehicle. (Y/n) hesitating for a moment, before following after him.