You're You

The next day Alan had slept in till eleven in the morning. He didn't usually do that but he was exhausted and healing from his bandaged up wounds. As it hit eleven Alan got out of bed. He rubbed his yellow eyes and got up. He grabbed his phone from the night stand and looked at it. He saw that his mother had called. He calls her back. "Hey mama, what's up?" He asks her. "Are you alright?" She asks. His parents had broken up years ago but they were both amazing parents. "Yeah, I'm okay. Why? You saw what happened on the news or something?" She stays silent for a couple of seconds. "Yes. Please be careful. This is all new for you and I know you'll be great, I know you'll learn how to use your powers but you can come to me for help. I'll pay for your plane ticket." He nods. "Okay but you think I could kind of just.. Take a little break? It's kind of a lot right now." He asked softly. "Yeah of course my little Triceratops." He laughs softly. "I'll call you later mama, I'll make sure to tell you what's going on with me." He says as he gets out of bed. "Okay, I love you. Bye." She hangs up. He puts his phone away then goes to the bathroom. He gets himself ready for the day then heads downstairs and makes himself breakfast. It was an egg omelette with lots of peppers. Alan loved peppers. He then puts the wonderful omelette on the plate and smiles with happiness before dumping syrup on it. He happily walks to the dining room table and turns on Steven Universe as he ate. He soon heard the door bell ring and groans. He gets up and puts on his Jurassic Park shirt and heads to the door. He already had Basketball shorts on so he was good. He quickly walks over to the door and gets on his tip toes to see who was at the door through the peep hole. He saw Andromeda waiting there. She was on her phone. Alan stops tip toeing then opens the door. He rubs his eyes and looks at her.

She had her dark blue overalls on and her sneakers on. She "Hey Andromeda, what's up?" He asked. She puts her phone away and smiles at him. "Hey little buddy. How are you feeling? You really took a beating yesterday." She says as she puts a hand on her hip. "I'm feeling really tired. I just woke up." He chuckles lightly. "Oh jeez, did I wake you?" She asked worryingly. He shakes his head. "No, no you didn't at all. I woke up a little while ago. Would you like to come in?" He asks as he tilts his head a bit. "Oh sure." She says. Alan opens the door for her. She walks in and looks around. "Your place looks really nice." She says as she walks around. She sits on the chair that was in the dining room and saw Steven Universe. She turns to him and laughs a bit. "You still watch Steven Universe?" He rubs his arm. "I know it's for kids but I like it a lot." He says as he frowned a bit. Andromeda looks at him a bit confused but stops smiling. "I didn't mean to make fun of you, I'm not. I like that you're being you." Alan looks at her, now a bit surprised. "Oh.. Thank you." He smiles a bit. He goes over to her and sits next to her. "I wanted to tell you.. I heard what you said yesterday." She says as she hunches over a bit, leaning her body on the table. "What do you mean?" She looks at him in his eyes. His yellow eyes met with her orange and gray eyes. "You said as long as we're safe that's all that matters. That was.. Really selfless. I admire that." She says in a soft tone. The two continued to stare into each other's eyes. "Thank you. You're very nice for saying that." He says with a soft smile. The two stay quiet for a bit but they soon awkwardly look away.

She laughs awkwardly. "Yeah.. Um, I admire that from you and I wanted to thank you for helping us." Alan smiles. "You're welcome." He hugs her. She looks at him in surprise and hugs him back. "I'm happy you guys are safe.." He says softly. "I'm happy you're safe Alan." She responds with. The two hug for a little while longer. They slowly let go of each other. "Make sure to text us Al. I already put us in a group chat." He nods. "Okay, I got it." He nods again. She smiles and waves before leaving. Alan turned and sat back down. He had finally made friends And he was even more happy. Yeah he was a weirdo but he liked embracing it and now he has others like him. He knew there was a lot of things to come for him and he was the most excited he's ever been.