Sugar or Spite, you decide

The girl in the shooting star sweater and the boy in the pine-tree hat looked very familiar but I didn't think I recognized them from TV, strange....

"Hey, I'm Gracie, who are you guys?" I asked, carefully not to mention my last name or middle name.

"HEYYY, I'm Mable and I believe we're gonna be BESTIES!!!!!", Mable said so loudly, I swear any aliens who existed (yes, I believe in aliens) would have ran away screaming, even if they were on the other side of the universe.

"I'm Dipper and I think it's best not to trust you." said the cut-I mean Dipper sternly.

"Smart, I totally respect that. That sounds like something my mom would say." I chucked solemnly but under my breath I said, "Not that I will ever see her again..."

Dipper eyed me suspiciously, "What do you mean, never see her again?"

I smirked, "Not going to trust me, huh?"

Dipper rolled his eyes, "Puh-lease, I'm just bring curious,", then realization dawned upon him, "OH, OH, oh, oh. I am asking a question about a total stranger!!"

Mabel made a heart sign with her hands, "You two are so cute together!!!" (A/N: This sounds like something my friends would do; ship me with a random stranger) 

Dipper blushed and started stammering and mumbled something about siblings. And I rolled my eyes, "SURE....I would TOTALLY like to go out with some random person I met on an airplane! That would be paradise!"

"Really? Mabel asked, mooney eyed.

"No genius, it's called SARCASM!"

Now it was Mabel's turn to be embarrassed.

"Ok, I think I've decided to trust you. Anyone who embarrasses Mabel in a joking fashion can be trusted. Wait, who are you anyway?" Dipper asked.

"Glad you changed your mind. But before I answer that, I need to know if you're a book nerd or not."

Mabel scoffed, "Book nerd is an understatement, he lives, breathes, reads and even writes books!"

"Then sorry, I can't tell you." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Aw man, why?", he made a pouting face which was almost irresistible. ALMOST.

"Because you'll freak out." I say matter-of-factly, instead of giving in.

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"Will not!"

"FINE, you win! I am Gracelynn River Murphy, daughter of the author, Raina Smi-"

"RAINA SMITH MURPHY??!!? As in THE Raina Smith Murphy?!?? OMG, I'm SUCH a big fan of you're moms....." Dipper rambled on for almost twenty minutes about my mom, very awkward but cutely. But, I get bored quickly so, I'm going to have to stop him before he reacher full fan mode. Oops, too late, that already happened!

Great. He's gone full fan mode. I'll have too stop him in 3...2...1...

"See, I told you."

"Told me what?"

"That you would freak out, and you did."

Dipper practically turned into a giant, oversized, cute beetroot wearing human clothes. He stammered, "I...you...they...author...book...famous...trust...she-...tru-"

The engine began to rumble and within moments, we had taken off. Dipper was still rambling on and I think he was apologizing? But I fell asleep, tired from having to listen to all his rambling. 

Dipper's POV:

OMG! I can't believe I went into fanboy mode in front of the daughter of my all time favorite author!!! I was frustrated at myself and a bit confused when I found myself stuttering. I mean she is cute but I totally don't have a crush on her. And I also don't want MABEL to be right! Don't get me wrong, I love my sister, but, sometimes she's a bit TOO much.

Moments after the plane took off, she fell asleep and I let her head snuggle up against my shoulder. I, feeling tired at the moment myself used her head as a support. As I drifted off, I imagined what Mabel's reaction would be when we woke up... She would probably take pictures, yep, lots and lots of pictures.....

Hi people!!! Sorry I haven't been able to update this for so long. I've been really busy with school which is getting really annoying, stupid teachers (no offense Ms. C, you were my favorite teacher back in elementary school!) who give too much work!!! I hope you have enjoyed this book so far and will continue reading it in the future. Thanks to everyone who has supported me with ideas, following me or voting for my stories or anything else you have done. I appreciate you all! As always, stay safe, enjoy your books and keep reading no matter what!

Hugs to everyone, 

Sweet17Go 

Ps: This chapter has been edited! Surprise! My writing isn't perfect! Shocker! Nothing too big has been edited so you don't have to reread the entire thing.