My Sweet Azrael,

★ My tears were accompanied by the rain as my frail body dissipated slowly in the cool breeze mingled with the humid air that surrounded me.

"Am I a fool for loving you?" she exclaimed.

"You aren't." he answered, ever-so-sweetly.

I often wonder why you are so bittersweet. Why do you loathe me so? Do you hate me? Do you despise me? Do you intend to harm me in any way?

Do you genuinely love me?...

"Can't you see I love you?" he asked, "Do I need to prove it to you once more?"

"ENOUGH-" I yell. I pushed him away as I wiped the river of tears streaming down my anguished face.

I'm not quite fond of rainy days, but for the time being, I'm grateful that the heavy rain hid our bittersweet dispute, leaving just me and him to hear it.

It rained in the garden where we quarrelled. The greenery appeared a little darker. All I could hear at that point was myself, my sweet Azrael, the many ripples from the lake nearby, and the deafening sound of the rain.

"I'm sorry," the man replied once more.

"NO, YOU'RE NOT. YOU'VE NEVER BEEN SORRY," I yelled, pounding my feet on the floor as I felt my pent-up anger leave my body, screaming along with my words.

I tried to prevent myself from being physical with him. I despise him so much, but even in these terrible times, i still love him dearly.

He paved his way into my heart with his sweet words, his sweet expressions, his sweet demeanor, his sweet, sweet kiss. Now he's ripping it all away, one by one, and I feel like someone's biting away at the remains of my shattered heart.

"I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!" I yelled repeatedly.

"Yet you still love me so dearly, darling?"

... for a moment, he was met with nothing but silence from me.

"I'm afraid that you're correct, Azrael." I replied.
I detest you, my love. My beloved, my sweetheart, my angel, my home, my Azrael. I despise you, and no matter how strongly you make me want to let you go, I am too drawn into your bittersweet ruses.

. . . And there I was, in his arms, slowly breaking down.

The loud sound of the rain muffled out my tears, screams, solemn utterances, and bitter emotions.

We sat for a while in this garden of contradictions, while the rain continued to fall, becoming louder with every passing instant.

Do you not hear yourself, or do you not understand? In response to my suffering, you're spouting nonsense. My darling, you're being ridiculous. You know you despise me, but you always conceal it. You sugarcoat your statements after which you yell at me, negating my arguments. As if my side of the story was of no significance to you at all.

"There there," the man spoke, even more comforting words. "Cry not, for I am here and always will be," he says as he softly strokes my smooth, damp locks of hair, framing my pale face.

He held me even tighter as I sobbed uncontrollably. All of my pent-up frustration, despair, and distress slowly poured out of me.

I lay my hand just above his shoulder blades, gripping his sweater as if i was about to rip it off.

The day was concluded on a bittersweet note.

Oh my sweet Azrael. . .
. . . .
Do you truly love me, Azrael?... Tell me you love me, even if you're lying. You always tell me the prettiest lies my ears have ever listened to.