The Cab Arrives

I quickly pounced up off the middle of the hard pavement. I held my hand out and let out a scream as if I could stop the vehicle with the touch of my hand. Slamming on his brakes and parking only inches away from me the driver leaped out of his bright yellow cab. I ran over to him got right up in his face and punched him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!?"

I pushed him to the ground with all the strength I had. He stood up and bent down rubbing dirt stains off his back.

"Why were you laying in the middle of the road?!?" he shouted angrily.

"I-I was j-just thinking about h-how hard l-life i-is" I mumbled under my breath.

I always had trouble talking to strangers besides when I'm mad I can speak perfectly. Ever since my mom died a few years back I have had a lack of confidence I guess because if I ever felt bad about myself she was always there for me. She would always tell me to never give up cause life may get tough but you will always be perfect in your own way and no one can change that.

I looked up and stared the strange man in the eyes. Something about him seemed creepy but for some weird reason I felt like I had known him for years but I brushed it off and didn't say anything so he wouldn't think I was weird.

"Well that's not a very good reason to be laying in the middle of the street when it's pitch dark outside." then he paused.

"Listen... do you need a ride? I'm going home and you look like you need a place to stay. I don't want you to feel pity because I'm offering help. I just want to give you a hand because I can tell your struggling by the sadness in your voice".

"Is it that obvious?" I questioned.

"To be honest, it's very obvious. But it's easy for me to notice in you" he stated.

I thought it was creepy when he said it was easy for only him to notice in me but I didn't want to make the situation any more awkward.

"So are you coming?" he asked.

"Okay... thank you. I really need this. I hope you won't feel weird if I ask you a creepy question" I whispered quietly.

"Of course not. I know you too well. I've know you for years" he bluntly stated.
---------------
Sorry it's kinda long I get caught up in writing and my mind starts running ideas through my head a hundred miles an hour. I have too much time on my hands... I need a life. I'll be updating soon. I hope your enjoying it even though nothing has really happened lol. The next chapter is going to be leading up to the climax. It's taking so long but I don't want to make the chapters fifty pages long lmao.