I'll show you something cool (Ray's birthday)

Summary:
The escape plan didn't go as plan. Emma wasn't suppose to stay behind. She was suppose to stay with them.

She gave him the pen and a letter, which will help him and their family to survive in this unknown world. At least, it's what she said.

Losing them both was the last thing he wanted. He should've been the one to die, not them.
___________________________________________________________
Note: I did this fic for Ray's birthday(2023) this book is three chapters but on ao3 it's a series of three one shot

Note(from ao3): Happy birthday Ray!

If you remember my fic named Dear Mama (for Emma's birthday), this one is Ray's POV of what happened on his side.

Just like for Emma's, I've been waiting, not so long for this one, to finally be able to post it

I prefer Emma's birthday fic more than this one, but it was really fun to write from Ray's POV and try to see how he would react if he was without Emma.

I made the cover for this story just like Emma's illustration, but with Ray in front instead. I really LOVE how it turned out!

Enjoy the story!
___________________________________________________________

The day Norman's shipment was announced was the day Ray knew their plan was a failure.

On January 15th, the day of his twelfth birthday, Ray wanted to die. He always did want to die actually.

But Emma stopped him in time, slapping him and explaining to him their new plan.

To (not) his surprise, Norman had already planned everything before leaving.

When they were all at the wall, ready to cross the cliff, the only remaining were him, Emma and Jemima. Thoma and Lannion had just crossed and Ray was readying himself and Jemima so they could cross together.

Once ready, Ray turned around to look at Emma. She was looking in the direction of the burning house, seeming to be lost in her thoughts.

« Emma? »

She turned to look at him and nod.

« Ray, wait. »

Before he could jump, Emma gave him something, putting it in his backpack's pocket. It was the Minerva's pen and a piece of paper. He frowned, looking at her. Emma's determined expression never left her face.

« If anything was to happen, just follow what is in this letter. The pen will be in safety with you. Now go. »

She didn't let him say anything, going to ready herself. After a sigh, he crossed, Jemima hugging him tightly.

Once on the other side and on the ground, he untied himself and the little girl before turning around to see Emma.

His eyes widened when he saw Isabella holding Emma.

« Emma! »

Everyone shouted her name, making both girls on the wall to look at them. They saw Emma take something from the side pocket of her backpack. The moment she raised her hand toward the rope, Ray understood.

Scissors.

Emma cut the ropes.

« Leave! »

Unwillingly, everyone left, starting to run in an unknown direction.