00

Grace was playing hide and seek with her father when she stumbled upon an unconscious young woman.

She tentatively walked up to the woman, looked at her, then shook her.

The woman didn't stir.

"Grace, I've found you," Jefferson said with a smile. "What did you find?"

"I don't know, Papa. Do you know who she is?"

He shook his held and knelt next to the woman and took her pulse. "She's breathing."

Suddenly, the woman woke with a gasp. She looked around and rasped, "Is this Camelot?"

"No, this is the Enchanted Forest."

"Good," she said, trying to get to her feet.

She wavered and before she hit the ground, Jefferson swept her up.

"Some tea and something to eat might do you good," Jefferson suggested. "My name is Jefferson and the girl is my daughter Grace."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Freyja."

"Freyja."

Grace ran on ahead. "I'll put the kettle on, Papa."

Jefferson nodded. "Good idea, my dear." He walked inside and sat Freyja down in a chair. "You mentioned a place called Camelot. Might I ask who you are?"

"You may," Freyja replied. "I am the Lady of the Lake. I came here through a portal and have no clue as to how to return."

Grace smiled as she walked up. "We could help you figure it out. Or..." she looked to her father, "she could stay with us for awhile."

"Grace, I don't know," Jefferson said.

"Papa, she may be injured. She needs help. Don't you always say we should help who we can?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Then we'll help her. And when she's well, we can figure out how to help her get home."

Freyja looked between them. "I don't want to be an imposition on the two of you."

Jefferson shook his head. "It's not an imposition, Freyja." He sighed and nodded. "You can stay for the time being, and we'll work on figuring out a way to get you home."

But as the days passed, the three strangers became a family and vows of adoration bounded two together.

However, their happiness couldn't last forever. Unbeknownst to the citizens, to all but a few, a jealous, angry queen was working to bring about her own happy ending.

And it would send the citizens, not to another magical word, but to our world.