Chapter 1

I've never heard of brain Cleaners. No one does until either they are picked or one of their family members is picked. Though when I stepped into the room, it felt like the most important job I have ever heard of. The government stood in front of a bunch of people, old and young, tall and small.
     I cocked an eyebrow and sat down next to a stranger. Briefly, I remembered my mother's advice.
     "Be good," she had said, "and don't talk to strangers. Don't trust anybody. I mean it, trusting gets you hurt."
     She kissed my forehead and sent me off to this school. My dad has never been around, maybe that's why she taught me the way she did. Though, she taught me well.
     The stranger smiled at me, making me send a small smile back. I diverted my attention to the big man who was in the government as he started to speak.
     "You lot have been picked to be this year's," he muttered something but I couldn't hear it, "brain Cleaners," he continued.
     "This is very important, as it keeps our minds in check. You will have the job of cleaning up any dusty areas and files you find in the memory compartment. You also have the job of bringing their imagination down. As for children, this part of the job is hard. But you have all the power," he explained.
     Power.
     I'm a child, why would I have power?
     He grabbed some files and started going around the room, placing a file in front of each individual.
     Once he had no more files, he turned to the front.
     "This is a file on your first patient. They have been hand selected for you," he said. It seemed everyone felt the need to do nothing until instructed. Someone raised their hand into the air.
     "I don't have a file," she said. She looked very preppy, her blonde hair in a tight bun. Her voice sounded quite annoying. I sized her. She had a nice dress on ( it looked expensive ) and some black dress boots.
     "Then get out," big man said nonchalantly. The girl huffed but obeyed.  She knew not to disobey the government. Bad things happen. I raised my hand.
     "Are there people inside our brains right now?" I asked, putting my hand down as people started murmuring amongst themselves. Big man shook his head.
     "No, there are not. Now, I want you to review the file and get used to this patient. This is your patient for the next few months, or until you can clean up their brain," Big man explained. Everyone nodded, opening their files.
     I looked down at the mandala folder and placed my fingertips under the flap. I took a deep breath and opened the file.

----------------------
Arthur's note-
Sorry this chapter is so short! I figured this was a good place to stop. I'll be (hopefully) writing longer chapters. Thanks for reading. Make sure to vote so I can know if you like it. Or don't, you don't have to. Anyways, thanks for reading!