07

Chapter seven Hidden Feelings Lacey's POV:The sound of voices awoke me from my slumber

Chapter seven
Hidden Feelings
Lacey's POV:
The sound of voices awoke me from my slumber. I blinked a few times and went to sit up but was stopped. I felt arms tightening around my waist and I slowly looked up. I was currently in the arms of Ethan Landry. Ethan's pink lips were parted as his chest rose and fell. His breathing was deep and calm, signaling he was sleeping well. "Where's Lacey?" Kai's voice asked. "Kai, she's sleeping. Her and Ethan are cuddled up." Chad replied. I could hear the scoff of my best friend and heard her footsteps approaching the door. I quickly closed my eyes, acting like I was asleep. "Lacey." Kai said. I didn't answer, not wanting to leave the warmth of Ethan's bed. "Lacey." Her voice was a little bit louder and stern. I squinted at the light and said "what?" "Just making sure you were ok. Also do you want anything to eat? I was gonna grab some breakfast." "Kai, I'll make some eggs!" Chad called from the kitchen. Kai scoffed softly and said "never mind. I'll grab you an ibuprofen for your hangover." I nodded against Ethan's chest, causing him to shift his body. I froze and Kai said "and what's up with this?" "What?" I said. Ethan tightened his arms around my waist and sighed softly. "Kai, I'll be out there in a minute, ok?" Kai narrowed her eyes at the sleeping curly haired boy and said "hurry up." She closed the door and I looked up at Ethan again. "Eth." I said, slowly going to shake him. Ethan's face scrunched up in annoyance and he groaned. "Eth, wake up." I said softly. Ethan buried his face into the crook of my neck, making me gasp. "What's wrong, Spacey?" Ethan's voice was deeper since he'd been asleep. "Chad and Kai are making breakfast. They wanted us to come out there with them. Chad's making eggs." Ethan opened his eyes, squinting at the sun. "What time is it?" I reached for my phone and said "11:15." Ethan sighed deeply and said "fuck." I bit my lip and said "do you have a headache? Kai has some ibuprofen." Ethan shrugged and said "no. I'm ok. What about you? You were smashed." I nodded and said "I am very hungover." Ethan leaned his head on mine and said "I was hoping all that water you drank helped." "It did. Honestly, it's just a minor headache. Nothing too bad. I was really cold last night though. Was I annoying? Asking you to come up here or when you helped me back to the dorm?" Ethan shook his head, looking at me. "No. Not at all. I wanted you to be comfortable, Lace. To be honest, it was really cold in here last night. Usually, I huddle up against the wall over there where you're laying now. But, you were here so I..didn't have to. I uhm, have never slept in the same bed as..." "A girl?" I asked softly. Ethan nodded, his cheeks turning red. "I've never d-done that. Is that stupid? It's probably stupid. Why am I even asking you that?" "It's not stupid, Eth. I've never slept in the same bed as a boy before either. It's nothing to be ashamed of." Ethan furrowed his eyebrows and said "Lace, you've had to sleep in the same bed as your boyfriend." I shook my head. "No. My last boyfriend wasn't exactly the nicest. He basically just wanted me for sex." Ethan stiffened and his jaw clenched. "Sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up. Let's change the subject. Chad is making eggs and Kai has my medicine so I'm just going to go freshen up in the bathroom. Sorry for making this...awkward." "You didn't. It's fine." Ethan said. I slowly wiggled my way out of his hold. His arms slowly retracted from my waist and he rolled onto his back. I climbed over his legs and said "is this shirt ok? Or should I put my leggings back on?" Ethan looked me up and down a couple of times and said "the shirt covers you but it's up to you, Lace." "I'll just put my leggings on since Chad is out there." Ethan nodded and I went to the bathroom, rinsing my mouth and pulling my hair up into a ponytail. I shook my head as my curly hair was sticking up in all places. I looked like a wreck and hated that Ethan had saw me that way. I huffed softly and went to go back into Ethan's room. Hands on my waist stopped me. I looked up at Ethan who said "sorry." "I'm sorry. I was just coming back in to get the leggings." Ethan looked down at my exposed legs, his eyes staying on my thighs. My thighs were a bit bigger at the moment and I was feeling slightly insecure as Ethan's eyes stayed glued to them. I cleared my throat nervously and said "I need to grab my leggings." Ethan's eyes widened and he immediately let go of my waist. "Sorry. Sorry." He shook his head and seemed to scramble away from me. He left me standing in the doorway. I quickly grabbed my leggings, pulling them on. I walked back out into the living room and Kai handed me a ibuprofen. I took it from her and Chad handed me a glass of water. Ethan scratched the back of his head and wouldn't make eye contact with me. I took my pill and approached him as he leaned on the counter. "Eth." "What?" He jumped at my voice. "Thank you for last night. I'm sure I was a handful." Ethan half smiled and said "no. You weren't bad at all. It was like you were lost. You weren't sure what was going on but I made sure you were ok." "Thank you. I didn't think I was going to get that drunk." Chad handed me a plate of eggs and gave Ethan his plate as well. "You know I'd take care of you, Lace. Whether you were sober, sick, or whatever was wrong. I'll be there." Ethan said. I leaned my head on his arm and wrapped my arms around his middle. Ethan stiffened but then slowly returned the hug. "Thanks again, Eth." "Anything for you, Spacey."