017

Chapter seventeen InfatuationLacey's POV:I took a deep breath as Ethan and I arrived at his dorm

Chapter seventeen
Infatuation
Lacey's POV:
I took a deep breath as Ethan and I arrived at his dorm. I had went by mine to grab a change of clothes and some stuff so I could shower. "You take a shower. Relax. And let me know if you need anything." Ethan told me. I nodded at him and went towards the bathroom. The last few days had been a nightmare. I wanted everything bad to go away. I missed the days where the biggest thing I was stressing about was when would I get to see Ethan. He'd been so good through all of this so far. He wasn't annoyed or fed up with me. He just wanted to be there for me and I greatly appreciated it. I quickly undressed and slowly took off the bandage on my arm. I gasped softly as I looked at the slice across my arm. Small tears filled my eyes as I thought back to last night. I was honestly so lucky that I didn't have to get stitches. I took a longer shower than normal. I let the hot water run over my body, trying to forget about the stressful events that had happened. I just hoped Kirby had devised a smart enough plan to catch ghostface. Once I was finished in the shower I got dressed and combed my hair. I walked into Ethan's bedroom where he had fallen asleep on his bed. His back was against his headboard, his head hanging low since he was sitting up. I half smiled and sat down next to him, cupping his cheek. He groaned softly and immediately grabbed his neck. "Ow." "You fell asleep sitting up." I told him. I let go of his cheek as Ethan opened his eyes and looked at me as he winced. "I'm kind of exhausted." I furrowed my eyebrows and said "didn't you sleep last night?" Ethan shook his head. "With Econ and you getting sliced up by ghostface. No. Not really. I might've got a couple of hours. Tops. I was so stressed out. I'm so tired." I frowned at my boyfriend, hating that he was only staying awake for me. "We could stay here for a while. Couldn't we?" Ethan shrugged and said "I dunno. Aren't they going to want us to go back with them soon?" "Do we have to?" I hated that I said the question aloud. I didn't want to be back with the group. I was terrified. But, Tara was there, Chad was there. My friends were in danger. Ethan sighed and said "Tara'll be heartbroken if we don't go back." I nodded and said "I know. I'm just so scared." I looked down and Ethan said "I'm right here. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise, baby." I straddled him. Going to give him a hug, burying my face into the crook of his neck. Ethan squeezed me and kissed my head. Ethan sighed contentedly and said "you smell so good." I kissed Ethan's cheek as I pulled away to look at him. "You look so tired." I whispered. Ethan went to reply when a noise made me jump. I squirmed in Ethan's lap as fear started to set in. "W-What was that?" Ethan's hands went to my hips and he said "I don't know." "Do you think it's him?" I looked around the room frantically and a door closed above us. It had to have been the apartment above. "Hey, it's just the neighbors. You're ok, Spacey." Their footsteps made me cower and squirm. "Are you sure?" Ethan inhaled sharply and said "yeah. It's ok." I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm so jumpy." I covered my face with my hands and Ethan reached up to pull my hands away. "Babe, it's ok. I'm here to comfort you. I'm here. I don't want you to be scared. I'm with you. Always." I smiled really big and kissed his lips sweetly. Ethan leaned up to deepen the kiss. Our lips moved in sync as the two of us kissed each other's lips feverishly "Do you wanna take a nap? Just lay here for an hour or so?" I said as I pulled away. Ethan nodded and said "sure, babe." I took off the jeans I wore and laid down next to him. Ethan traded his jeans in for some joggers, shrugging off his blue jacket. He pulled me close to him and I nuzzled my face into his chest. "I'll protect you. I love you so much, Lacey." I pulled away to look at him, my eyes scanning his features. His brown eyes looked back at me, full of adoration and love. His pink lips were swollen from the two of us kissing and his cheeks started to tint the same color as his lips. Ethan's hand rubbed reassuring circles into my hip. His curls laid on his forehead and he looked absolutely adorable in front of me. "I love you too, Ethan." Ethan's hand that wasn't on my hip, went to stroke my head, his fingers getting tangled in my curls. I smiled and kissed his lips. Ethan laughed against my lips and said "you're adorable." "You're the one who's adorable. Not me." I quickly told him. Ethan shook his head and said "no, I think it's you." I wrapped my arms around Ethan and said "I'm so in love with you, dork." Ethan smiled really big and said "me too. I should've just asked you out after two weeks of knowing you." I blushed and said "if I'm being honest, I thought you were so cute when we first met. I know I was kind of awkward in the beginning. I apologize for that." Ethan shook his head and said "no. It was cute. I think it made me fall for you harder. I thought you were so pretty. Literally the prettiest girl I had ever seen!" I giggled at his voice getting louder. "Oh, Ethan. What did I do to deserve you?" "What did I do to deserve you, Lacey?" I could feel my heart swelling for the boy in front of me. I was head over heels and there was no looking back. The two of us talked until we fell asleep, holding each other.