Mrs Kent (part 1)

Gotham, Wayne Manor 11 pm

I knew Bruce is still patrolling and I didn't want to bother him, so I just went upstairs in his room and fell asleep. The only problem was that I forgot that tomorrow is Christmas and my mom is coming to my house in the morning.

Bruce's pov
Gotham, Wayne Manor 6 am Christmas Eve

It was a damn long night. I wanted to call Clark back after Alfred told me he called, but I was too busy. I knew he wanted to talk to me because he was worried, but I was fine. More or less.

Bane threw me through a window that shuttered into a million pieces and some landed inside me. I tried to take off my armour without pushing the shards any further. It took me twenty minutes. There were three in my chest, one in my right arm and one in my thigh. Luckily neither of them were serious, so I started pulling out the shards one by one.

I was just putting the last bandage on my thigh when Alfred came down.

"Sir, you have visitors" he said in his usual way of speaking. I tried to figure out who it could be. Probably reporters and paparazzi. But it's too early for that. The article will be published at eight o'clock. "It's Ms Prince and Mrs Kent"
"Mrs Kent?" I asked in shock and my heart skipped a beat.
"Martha Kent"
"Oh, and what are they doing here?" I asked him, trying to slow down my heartbeat.
"I didn't ask, sir. You sould do it" he said as he turned around and went to the elevator.
"Is Dick still sleeping?" I asked before he could go up as I finished the bandage.
"Yes, sir. Should I wake him up?"
"Yes, and make breakfast for the guests. That's it" I said as I put on a white T-shirt. My back hurt a lot, probably from the fall.
"What should I say to your guests?"
"I'll be up in a minute" I said as I pulled out a pair of jeans and a hoodie from my wardrobe.
"Very well, sir" he said and he went upstairs. I followed him a few minutes later.

Mrs Kent was sitting at the table and there was a glass of water in front of her. She seemed very worried. Diana was standing next to her in civilian clothes, trying to confort the old lady. As I stepped out from the elevator, they both turned to face me.

"Ladys, to what do I owe this early visit?" I asked, putting my hands in my pants pockets.
"Clark is missing. Do you know where he is?" Diana asked with a knowing look, but I didn't know anything about him. Last time I saw him was yesterday morning. My heart started to beat faster again. I will end up dying of a heart attack because of him. But I won't let that happen to Martha, so I lied.
"I asked him to help me. We got really dirty and since my home was closer I let him come here. Maybe he's still here. I'll go check. Diana, could you come with me?" I said, and without waiting for her answer I turned towards the stairs.

"What's the problem, Bruce? She doesn't know about you two?" she asked as she caught up in the hallway.
"That's also true, but no. I really don't know where he is" I said worried and too tired to hide it from her.
"What?!" she said almost shouting.
"Just don't panic. We'll find him. If it's the CADMUS we would already know about it. It's probably something else. But first of all, I'll check my room" I said, walking towards my bedroom.
"You think he's here?"
"I would say I hope he's here" I said and I opened the door. 

It was still dark in the room because the sun hadn't risen up yet, but I sensed someone was in the room. I quietly walked towards the bed and I could finally see him. He was sleeping there in his civil clothes which he wore yesterday. He was so beautiful like this. I felt a huge relief.

I sat beside him and watched him silently when Diana came in.

"Is he here?" she asked quietly.
"Yes, he's sleeping. You can come in, not even a cannon could wake him up" I said a bit louder. Wonder Woman giggeled and stepped next to me.
"We should wake him up. Martha is worried about him" she said and I nodded.

I tried to shake his shoulder, but he didn't wake up. His lips were partially open. Why not? I thought and kissed him. I didn't expect him to magically wake from that, rather from lack of air. And I was right, he woke up after a few moments.

"Bruce, hi! What's the time?" he woke up and sat up.
"Almost eight. What are you doing here? Your mother was scared to death when she saw you gone" Diana argued with him.
"I'm sorry if I scared you, but I needed to talk with Bruce" he said, looking at me.
"We'll have time for that later, but we have to calm your mother down" I said and I gave him a kiss on his cheek and stood up. "Now, come. You can have breakfast here and later we'll discuss how we'll spend this Christmas" I said and I went out into the corridor and Clark caught up.
"I'm sorry, Bruce. I know you'd like to spend this holiday with Dick" he said almost whispering, but I shook my head.
"You can come here whenever you want. Just tell your mother first so she doesn't have to worry about you" I said and I gave him a quick kiss before we went down the stairs. Dick was already sitting at the table and having breakfast with Martha.

When Martha saw his son coming down the stairs, she jumped up from her seat and ran to her son. They hugged each other tightly and me and Diana sat down to the table in quiet. I greeted Dick and asked him how he slept. We made small talk durring breakfast after the Kents joined us.

I only drank a glass of water because I lost a lot of blood and I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to get some sleep. Fortunately, Dick talked a lot mostly to Martha, so I didn't had to talk that much. It was a very long time ago when I sat at this table with so many people. Clark took my hand under the table. I felt like nothing can ruin this moment, but then Alfred came in with the bad news.

"Sir, sory for disturbing the breakfast, but they arrived" he said and I immediately got up and went to the window.
"Are we waiting for somebody or...?" Dick asked and I could feel the worried looks they were giving me.
"Don't worry, it's nothing serious, just reporters. They can't get through the fence" I said, still watching the crowd grow.
"I got through your fence" Dick said worried. "Bruce, we should get out of here. I know this look. There are too many of them" he said and I turned to them with a big sigh.
"They aren't acrobats like you, Dick, but you're right. We have to get out of here" I said turning to Alfred and giving him instructions.
"Where do you want to go?" Clark asked.
"You could come to us in Smallville, this's not a problem at all. At least I can meet with my son's friends" Martha said and I considered the idea.
"Dick, pack your stuff. Thank you for inviting us Mrs Kent, and if you really don't mind, we'll accept" I said turning to the old lady and she nodded. "Great, we leave in ten minutes" I said and went upstairs to pack my stuff.