The Marriage

(this is probably the worst thing i have written so far s s s ssigh)

It was a calm and sun-filled morning when Adelia had heard the news. She was at the table, sipping her morning tea, when her parents had arrived to join her for breakfast. Her mother announced, "Adelia, my dear, please take a seat. Me and your father have some important news for you." Adelia's parents were very close, and their relationship was unbreakable. They showed what true love was like every moment they were together, and Adelia had always adored their heartfelt relationship. In fact, she had been longing for a relationship as special as theirs, too.

"Adelia, listen closely." Her father's voice was low and croaky. "We have made an important decision that will impact your life greatly."

Adelia was intrigued, and leaned closer. She took a sip of her tea, and responded with a hum. "Hmm?"

Her mother sighed. "You are going to be married soon, to a man from another kingdom."

Adelia's eyes opened wide, choking on the tea that she had been drinking. After catching her breath, she chuckled. "Ah, pardon?"

A marriage? How come? Yes, Adelia has been in many relationships, although, they have never been anything as serious as marriage. Why now? She was, in fact, a fine lady, but wasn't she too young to get married?

Adelia's father cleared his throat. His monotone face had slowly changed into a disappointed look, and Adelia caught onto his expression quickly. She panicked, trying to act as if nothing ever happened. He opened his mouth, talking in a serious manner. "The marriage has already been set. But do not fret, my dear. You have many months to get to know your fiancé. All I hope is that, you get along very well with him. He will be by your side forever, after all."

Her mouth seemed to be glued shut for a few moments, bewildered by the information she had just heard. What was there to say, what was there to do? The silence was getting much louder, now. She sighed, getting up from her seat. "Thank you for taking the time to do this for me. I greatly appreciate it, and I will enjoy every moment of it." She felt very uneasy, but she had forced a smile and walked away from the table. She was rather disappointed, but also felt a bit of excitement to meet her fiancé.

She dwelled  on the thought that a new start of her life would be arriving quickly, and as much as she didn't want to, she couldn't help but smile.

Little did she know, that a second person would get involved. (hmm yes i wonder who)