I Do Not Cuddle

The time went by in the shackle, but you just couldn't sleep.  You'd always been cold at bedtimes as a child, so sleeping without anything over you really wasn't helping.  An idea popped into your head however, something you had watched on a documentary programme and also something that Carl and Noah taught you when you were all in the prison which jogged your memory.... You wondered if Daryl would mind...

"Daryl...." You whispered, slightly tapping his shoulder. 

Daryl rolled over onto his back and cracked one eye open, "Yer?"

"Don't laugh, okay? But I am quite cold over here and-"

Before you could finish, Daryl tried to sit up – presumably to take his jacket off for you.

"Whoh whoh wait, I wasn't finished" You said, pushing him back down.  He watched you, curious and more awake now.

"Okay, basically, can I use your internal heat? You know, since you're a guy and I'm a girl, you've got a larger mass which produces more body heat and stuff-"

"Skip the science blaba mumjo (Y/N), what doya want?" He mumbled, slowly slipping back into sleep again through the use of scientific language.

You sighed.  "Can I cuddle up to you." You could feel your cheeks starting to warm up at the thought.

"Ah naw sunshine, I don cuddle wi' nuthin'" He said stretching.

"Oh come on Daryl..." you said looking down, a slight shiver running over you that caught you off guard.  Daryl saw. 

"If you let me this once, I'll..... I'll carry all of the stuff back to base in the morning, sound alright redneck?" You bribed.  It seemed to work since Daryl was looking at you again, now with a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

"I couldn't turn down tha' kinda deal" He thought, "this once.  Never again." He said in a monotone and drifting back to sleep in the same position as he was in before. He didn't mean the 'never' part, but (Y/N) didn't know that.

You began to get butterflies at the thought of Daryl allowing you to cuddle up to him, he never lets anybody do that.  Or get close to him at all for that matter.  You shuffled a little but, getting yourself comfortable, before gently leaning your side into Daryl's and resting your head just below his shoulder.  

You sighed in contentment.