Smiling, Sleepy, Daryl

A few hours passed by this way, and you did warm up considerably.  You took every opertunity to take in aspects of Daryl that you hadn't been able to before. His hair was messier than a nursary full of hyper children, but it had somhow got tangled up with your hair, plus some of it falling onto your face too, but it didn't bother you. Another thing you noticed was that Daryl had a distinct smell about him too. You coulnd't put your finger on it, but he smelled rustic and green. Almost like freshly cut grass but mix that with a little bit of booze and then some leather - you get Daryl. Safe to say it took you a while to actually drop off to sleep proporly, but when you did, you slept with a smile.

However, in the middle of the night, something occurred that you thought would never happen.

You felt much warmer than you were before... Not that you were complaining at all, but that shift in temperature was quite different than before, you thought, even for you. 

You cracked one eye open and looked to your side - what you saw made the butterflies in your stomach go into overdrive. 

Daryl Dixon was cuddling you.

You.

The left arm that was originally draped over his eyes had somehow made its way behind your head and wrapped around your waist whilr you were sleeping - this caused your head to be cocooned nicely into his neck and shoulder.  Alongside this was also the fact that your feet had also become tangled with  his legs... Now you know that none of this was you.... But you were definitely not complaining. 

You attempted to mirror Daryl's sneaky actions now while he was now asleep to drape your arm over his waist too – something you thought would never be possible with Daryl.  You looked up as you wanted to see if you had disturbed him at all, but what you were met by was actually a small smile that twitched the corner of his mouth. 

You tested this one more time – he could have been dreaming you thought – this time you buried your head deeper into his neck and slightly pulled him closer to you so that your sides were touching again.  This caused a larger smile to form on his face. 

He was smiling because of you...