Rather Go Blind

Something told me it was over
When I saw you and her talkin'
Something deep down in my soul said, 'Cry, girl'
When I saw you and that girl walkin' around

Normani entered school eager to see her girlfriend, yet a sight soon halted her. Her girlfriend stood down the hall with an ex. Normani's heart sank as she watched her girlfriend laughing with her ex-boyfriend.

She had no idea that he was even in town, let alone that he would be at their school. Questions swirled in her head as she tried to make sense of what she was seeing.

Whoo, I would rather, I would rather go blind, boy
Then to see you walk away from me, child, no

"Mani, why are you so mad? We were just catching up" Dinah said as she was pacing around the kitchen.

Normani took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves "Dinah, he is your ex, what do you mean like imagine I was in the hallway laughing and joking with Keith!"

Dinah looked at Normani with a furious look and began walking towards the front door.

"Dinah Jane, don't walk away from me" Normani exclaimed.

Whoo, so you see, I love you so much
That I don't wanna watch you leave me, baby
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't wanna be free,no

Normani looked at Dinah with a pained expression.

"Dinah, do you not love me anymore? What did I do to deserve this?"

Dinah knew that talking to her ex would bring pain to Normani but for some reason, she doesn't regret doing it. Dinah silently looked at Normani and took a deep breath.

"It's not that I don't love you anymore, Normani. It's just that we're not meant to be together. We've tried so many times and it always ends up the same way."

Normani looked down at her hands, tears brimming in her eyes. "I just...I love you so much that I can't just watch you leave."

Dinah reached out and took Normani's hand. "Listen, I care about you, but we can't keep going back to what's comfortable. We have to move on and find happiness elsewhere."

Normani rubbed her forehead slowly, wiping away her tears. "I don't wanna be single."

I was just, I was just, I was just sitting here thinking of your kiss
And your warm embrace yeah

Normani and Dinah laid in bed cuddling and just enjoying each other presence until Dinah started tickling Normani.

Normani squirmed and laughed uncontrollably as Dinah's fingers danced over her sides. "Stop, stop!" she gasped between fits of laughter.

Dinah grinned mischievously and continued to tickle her. "I'm not gonna stop until you say you love me more than Camila," she teased.

Normani's eyes widened in mock horror. "No way! I could never love anyone more than Camila!" she protested, still laughing.

Dinah pretended to pout, but then leaned in to give Normani a kiss. "I know, I know. I love you more than anyone too," she whispered, snuggling closer to her girlfriend.

Normani smiled and wrapped her arms around Dinah, enjoying the warmth and comfort of being in her embrace.

They cuddled for a while longer, talking softly and enjoying each other's company, until they finally drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

When a reflection in a glass that I held to my lips now baby
Revealed these tears that are on my face whoo ooh

Normani reflected at the kitchen table, bottle of wine and laptop open before her. A handful of memories with Dinah came flooding back to her as she took a sip from her glass.

The memories of the early days of her and Dinah's relationship came flooding back as a few tears roll down her cheeks.

The beginning of their courtship was a magical time – it felt like nothing else mattered; just them, in that moment. Normani couldn't believe that it had been two years since she had fallen in love with Dinah.

She remembered their first date – the way Dinah had nervously laughed and fiddled with her fingers as she talked about her passions.

Normani had been captured by that moment – it was when she knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Dinah.

The memories washed over Normani – the late nights spent watching movies, the lazy Sundays in bed, the impromptu trips to the beach, and the endless laughs they shared. She cherished every single moment they had together.

Normani took another sip of wine and sighed. Her thoughts had moved on to the present – the distance between them. Ever since she caught Dinah with her ex, things haven't been the same.

Normani closed her laptop, feeling tired and emotional but also content. As she walked to her room, she glanced at a photo of her and Dinah on the nightstand – their arms wrapped around each other, beaming with happiness. Normani smiled through her tears and knew that no matter what happened, their love would endure.

And baby, and baby, baby I'd rather be blind boy
Then to see you walk away
Walk away from me yeah
And baby, baby, baby I'd rather be blind boy
Then to see you walk away
Walk away from me

"Normani why won't you just let the relationship go, she doesn't know what she wants," Lauren said a bit angry

"Because I love her Laur, I just want us to last" Normani replied, her voice cracking with emotion.

"I know you do, but sometimes you have to accept that things aren't meant to last forever," Lauren said, trying to console Normani. "You can't force someone to love you the way you want them to."

"I know that, but it's hard to let go," Normani admitted, tears streaming down her face. "I keep hoping that one day she'll realize how much she loved me."

"I understand how you feel, but you have to focus on your own happiness," Lauren said. "You deserve to be with someone who loves you for who you are."

Normani shook her head no, wiping away her tears.

"Mani why not," Lauren said now considered for her best friend.

"Because I'd rather go blind," Normani said seriously.