Would You Ever

You know... The art of making love is a serious thing and when you find somebody that do it right to you and you do it right to them and y'all get that connection, it ain't nothing like that in the world, it's just like you and me baby... Listen

Normani POV

"Okay Normani, that's good and I love how you broke down your voice to reach that low sexy pitch" My vocal coach stated before my manager came in.

"You have two days before your performance on Jimmy Fallon for this song," My Manager Ally said, looking at me with a serious expression.

I nodded, feeling the pressure building up inside me. This performance was a big deal for me, and I wanted to make sure I gave it my all.

"Don't worry, I'll be ready," I replied, trying to sound confident.

My vocal coach gave me a pat on the back.  "You got this, Normani. Just remember to breathe and trust your instincts."

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." As I left the studio, I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nerves.

This was my chance to show the world what I was capable of, and I wasn't going to let it slip away. With hard work and determination, I knew I could make this performance one to remember.

For the next two days, I dedicated myself to perfecting my performance. I rehearsed my vocals, my choreography, and every little detail of my stage presence. I stayed up late at night, watching past performances and studying the moves of some of my greatest inspirations.

Finally, the day of the performance arrived. I was awakened by my short loud-ass manager.

"Normani! It's time to get up, the stylist and make-up artist are here" She yelled banging on my bedroom door.

I groggily rubbed my eyes and forced myself out of bed. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and then made my way to my closet.

I got a simple outfit out to travel to Fallon Studios in. I felt my nerves bubbling up inside me. What if I messed up? What if I forgot my words or missed a step?

But as I looked into the mirror, I reminded myself why I was doing this. This was my passion, my dream, and I had worked too hard to let fear hold me back. I was snapped out of my phase by hearing my phone rang and my face lit up knowing it was my parents.

"Hey, Mom! Hey, Dad!" I exclaimed, gripping my phone with excitement.

"Wow, look at you!" my mom said.

"Are you already on set?"

"No, I'm about to leave in like 5ish minutes because I am waiting for Ally to come back letting me know the driver is outside." I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

"We're so proud of you, sweetie," my dad chimed in.

"I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thank you for always supporting me through everything," I replied with gratitude.

"We love you and we believe in you," my mom said, her voice filled with emotion.

"I love you both so much. I'll call you after the shoot and interview and let you know how it went," I promised.

As soon as the phone hung, Ally walked in with the news that the driver was ready to take us to the set. I grabbed my bag, took a deep breath, and stepped out of the house. This was it – my first big break. And I was going to make the most of it.

As I walked towards the driver, my heart was pounding with excitement and nerves. I couldn't believe that I had made it this far. I had watched this show and seen my biggest inspirations on this show.