Chapter 2

"AZRRRAAAA wake up!" my mother shouts

I open my eyes, my alarm clock hadn't even rung, I was awake thanks to my mother.

" Move over a bit, "she says, sitting down beside me

I rinse my eye, as I remember it's Saturday. I don't understand why my mother came to wake me up so early.

"Yes? What's wrong Maa? It's not even 8 o'clock," I tell her with a yawn.

" I need you to come with me to Auntie Nafsa's house," she says.

"Aunt Nafsa?" NO I tell her categorically

No way, wasting my Saturday morning to be criticized by my aunt, yes I understood that Aunt Nafsa adores her daughter, she is perfect, but why always point the finger at me, to raise her, I do nothing, I breathe.

"Come on! She won't bother you this time, her daughter is not at home anyway," she tries to convince me

"But Maa, you realize that every time she finds a way to humiliate me, you should be happy that I don't have any self-esteem problems, and you don't want to, if you invite me there, it's because she's having a party and she's invited the whole family, and I like them, but I like my bed more now, good night," I tell her.

I lay down on these last words, pulling my blanket over me, I was tired, I even almost got up late to pray the fajr but yet I already felt my mother pulling me by the ears.

" But Maaa please, just once "I grumbled

" Azra Ahmed Khan, I didn't teach you to abandon your mother," she lectured me

I took my ear in my possession and turned to her.

" Be honest, Daddy can't come, is that it and I am the one who is sacrificed in his place?" I asked her seriously

"Well..... Yes, he has a last minute appointment and I had already accepted, it is out of the question that I face the whole family without an ally young girl, so you get dressed," she warns me,

"Maa, you're a woman I really respect, but why would you want to go if you don't want to, and force me too when you could just cancel?" I ask her hopefully

She sits down next to me again, and takes my face in pairs.

"My little baby, you are still a child, you will understand when you are grown up, you must never give anyone a single reason to criticise us and you know who I am Salma Ahmed Khan" she says proudly before running off

I lie back and gasp, looking at the time, 8:30.

" I'm tired of not sleeping enough."

I don't want to go, but if I don't get up, I'll probably be dragged by my mother's nose, which will give my Pakistani family one more reason to laugh at me. I still prefer to go with dignity, at least there will be food.

Ya rabb! I am fed up. I do my morning dua and get up and get up to wash myself.

I then search my wardrobe for a suitable outfit, finally opting for a long tunic and jeans, simply putting on my orange dupatta to match my tunic and revealing my earrings.

That should do it, I say to myself as I look in the mirror.

I go downstairs to wait for my mother, who joins me an hour later dressed up.

"So, how i am ? " she asks me, pointing to her turquoise blue saree

"Unbelievable," I tell her honestly

My mother has always been beautiful even if she thinks otherwise just because she has aged. That moron, she is a beautiful woman in her early forties.

" We can go now," she says