Bonus #1

Pov Azra

Flash-back 

I didn't know where my parents were, I was crying my eyes out, I should have listened to them and not let go of my mother's hand.

I was scared, it was all dark in here, I was trapped with two men

"You're taking me... to... see... my parents," I said, crying.

"Yes, little one, you got lost in the crowd", the man driving the van reassured me.

And I repeated my question, and suddenly the other man who was holding me sat on his lap suddenly pushed me forward and I banged violently against the window.
"She won't shut up, the Bhai girl, I've had enough, let's put her in the back" I heard him shout.

I held my breath, why had I just asked my question? He pulled me off his lap and into the back of the van.

"No no, I WANT MY MOTHER AND MY DAD".

"Shut the hell up," he said, pushing me away hatefully.

I fell back on my little legs, and watched the metal door close before my eyes, my breath coming in quick gasps, and I ran forward tapping towards my exit door.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE, GET ME OUT OF HERE, GET ME OUT OF HERE".

But no-one answered, I just felt the speed of the vehicle accelerate, throwing me hard backwards, a huge pain hit my back, and I couldn't move.

"There was no light"
"There was no mummy and daddy"
"I was lost"
"I was in pain"

I was beginning to suffocate, the darkness was beginning to scare me, I could feel my vision blurring.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE"

Flashback end

I woke up with a start, covered in sweat, my panting calmed by the sight of my bedroom reminding me where I was. So it was today, 15 years to the day, I'd been kidnapped, that evening we went to a party in the town park, I was 8 and it all seemed so much fun, I still remember the inflatable slide I climbed.

My mum forbade me to let go of her hand for fear I'd get lost in the crowd, but I was so excited at the time, especially as it was one of the few outings where both my parents were with me.

I just did what I wanted to do and ended up getting lost near a stande, I started looking for my parents for a long time until two nice men offered to take me home to my parents.

I was just a kid, and of course the idea that strangers might know my address without me telling them anything hadn't crossed my mind, so I followed them until I realised I'd been kidnapped.

They'd taken me to a place where dozens of children in the same condition as me stood in fear, made us work day and night without feeding us properly and if any of us slowed down even a little, they'd hit us.

"Ya Rabb", I said, calming my sudden anxiety, remembering each of their moves.

That wasn't the worst of it, but that cell, where they locked us up individually every night, it was closed with no light and nothing in it, I'd spent my worst moments there, I thought it was just a matter of time before one day they opened the cell door and saw my lifeless body, but no, every time I was alive and well, I went back there again, every night having nightmares between those four walls.

I didn't know how long I'd last, but for three months I lived every second of this hellish routine. Then one morning, it wasn't one of those thugs who opened the door to my cell, but a policeman. He let me out and the first thing I recognised was my parents.