- 31 -

- 1 year later -

Aiden

I think if I hear 'how is Gianna' one more time I'm going to be physically sick. We haven't spoken in three months and given how she acted last time I saw her, I think she's intending to keep that going for as long as she can.

Maybe the agreement's terms will come into play after all. I won't say I'm not surprised, we've been on a downwards spiral for a while. I mean God I don't even know what happened honestly.

Seeing her with someone else after coming from from being on the road? That's probably it. I think that single-handedly ruined anything we ever had. I don't know what changed, what I did wrong.

It's hard having to pretend to be married to her again, especially when she's barely at home anymore. I don't think she's repaired her relationship with her mom, so my guess is that she's staying with her new guy.

God forbid she gets caught, then the whole act is over. I'll divorce her and be able to play hockey freely and not have to worry about shit anymore.

No, I'm not on drugs again. This did all happen and she is a fucking liar.

I trusted her so fucking much and that's why it hurts, the worst part of it all is that I still love her. I love someone who cheated on me. I mean I never expected to hear myself say that, especially since it's about her.

I tried so hard to make her happy, and I just couldn't. I must have fucked up somehow, right? I mean her just doing that doesn't make sense. It's completely out of character for her. Well I don't really know her anymore so what can I expect.

Really fucking glad I bought a second home in Toronto last year though, somehow I like it here. Maybe because I don't have to focus on her being here. Or at work or anywhere.

Out of sight out of mind.

Well that isn't really true but I'm going to keep telling myself that for as long as I can. Not like I'm moving on anytime soon, I'm not getting any younger. I mean God I'm 28 now. I'm not particularly young anymore and I don't own the company anymore. I'm just investing in it, which is why occasionally I do actually have to go back to New York.

I also have to check in on my house, it's still mine and if it's a mess when I'm there I know who caused it to be like that.

This is the last time in a few months I'll be here though, hockey season is starting again and I'm more than glad to get out of here for close to a year. Sure I'll be here for a few days throughout the next seven months but that doesn't really even count.

So far though she hasn't shown up at home, which means she knows I'm here. I'm really fucking glad, I need to blow off steam somehow. I plan on getting the next flight back to Canada, after I've thoroughly inspected my house.

A lot of her stuff isn't even here anymore, fuck knows where it is. Quite frankly I don't even give a shit about it or her anymore. I physically can't it's too draining. It's affecting how I'm playing now too. 

I used to say that Gianna was the cause for me not doing drugs, now I just feel like I didn't do it to please her. To make her happier. I don't do it now for my career, it's the biggest part of my life. I'm not giving it up again that easily.