three

“Micheal! Micheal!” Wendy shook the youngest boy as Emily climbed onto John’s bed and began to jump.

“John! John!”

“I didn’t do it!” John shouted in panic.

“There is a boy here who is to teach us to fly.” Emily grinned as she paused her jumping before she climbed down and stood next to Peter again. Peter flashed the boys a smile as he stood tall with his hands on his hips.

“You offend reason, sir.” John told the vine covered boy causing Peter to slowly rise off the ground with a raised eyebrow. “I should like to offend it with you.”

“You just think happy thoughts, and they lift you into the air.” Peter laughed before he flipped upside down and sat on the ceiling. “It’s easy.”

“I’ve got it! I’ve got it!” John shouted as he climbed onto his bed and jumped high into the air. “Swords, daggers, Napoleon!”

He let out a gleeful shout as he flew through the air before he crashed into the dollhouse. Emily winced as Wendy called out her brother’s name, Tinkerbell laughed at the boy’s failed attempt before Peter grabbed a hold of her. He flicked some of Tinkerbell’s fairy dust in John’s face causing him to slowly lift off the ground.

“Wendy! Emily! Watch me!” Micheal shouted as he climbed onto his bed too. “Puddings, mud pies, ice cream, never to take a bath again!”

“Micheal!” Wendy exclaimed worried but Emily only laughed as he jumped off the end of his bed.

Peter covered Micheal and his teddy bear with fairy dust, Micheal flew through the air letting out a laugh. Emily could faintly hear Nana bark from outside but paid her no attention. Micheal sat on top of the wardrobe and John pressed his back against the ceiling, Peter covered Wendy with fairy dust as well causing her to giggle as she was lifted into the air.

Emily watched her siblings with a smile as Peter stood behind her. Emily laughed as Peter moved from one shoulder to another, she spun around to face him and he gently blew fairy dust in the face. Emily closed her eyes as she filled her head with happy thoughts before slowly opening them and as she locked eyes with Peter he sent her a mischievous smile before glancing down.

Emily followed his gaze and quietly gasped as she realized they were hovering in the air. Peter stood in front of the window as he watched the Darling children flying around the nursery.

“Come away. Come away to Neverland.” Peter said to them.

“Oh, what about Mother?” Wendy began to frown as she and the boys began to descend down. “Father? Nana?”

“There are mermaids.” Peter added.

“Mermaids?” Wendy shot back up with a wide smile.

“Indians!”

“Indians?”

“Pirates!”

“Pirates?!” Emily exclaimed. She couldn’t wait to fight pirates and have an adventure, her siblings thought the same. John and Micheal flew out the nursery window whooping and hollering as they did, Wendy followed as she tried to keep up with them.

Emily stepped onto the ledge of the window looking at Peter as he hovered outside the window. Emily turned back to the nursery, she took in the sights of the room not sure when she’d see it again.

“Forget them, Emily. Forget them all.” Peter whispered in her ear. “Come with me where you’ll never, never have to worry about grown up things again.”

“Never is an awfully long time.” Emily states as she turns to the boy.

Peter just smiled before holding out his hand and Emily flew away with him to Neverland. If Emily had waited just a moment longer maybe her parents could’ve stopped her or maybe it wouldn’t have changed her mind. Nonetheless, the children were nowhere in sight when Mr. and Mrs. Darling burst into the nursery with Aunt Millicent behind them.