Leon II

I walked slowly down the halls, my head hanging low as I clinched my bag. Keeping my pace steady, I walk closer to my class, Geometry. I couldn't help but slump miserably into my chair, letting my bag drop lazily onto the shiny wooden floor. Rubbing my eyes, I heard a familiar, cheery voice come from in front of me. Towering above me is the silhouette of one of my closest, jock-headed friends, Desmond, his gummy smile shinning at me like the desert sun, his unfitted hair running down his back, messily covering part of his face. "Where have you been, Hombre? I've been looking for you since 4 p.m. He threw his bag onto the ground next to him as he practically fell into his seat, a look of wonder and irritation plastered on his sharp face. I leaned forward, closing my eyes, before taking a deep breath. I needed some time to myself, that's all. pinching my fingers over my nose before rubbing my temple and looking back up at him with a hint of dismay. "I was originally going to make a break for it and go home, but it wouldn't be worth losing the grade over. Desmond nods intently, his already-flipped hair taking another wave of swift movement. Desmond heaves a sigh before that same smug look creeps onto his face. "Have you seen those new guys? You know, the ones that look the same but have different hair styles? I nod at his question, the images of their eyes and structures creep back into my mind. I swallow hard as I tug on my shirt collar, keeping my eyes on the ground. I had a biology class with them; there's something about those four that puts me on edge. I look up at him, my eyes narrowing as I stare into his eyes, watching him lean forward. ¨It's like they emit some type of fume or feeling that makes me feel weird. I watch him nod both understandingly and concernedly at my words. ¨compañero, don't stress; you only feel like that because of how they look. Their pretty intimidating hijos de putas, huh? He shrugs, rustling his hair through his hair ¨ill admit I sweat a little beside them; who wouldn't? Did you see the one with the ponytails, Santa Mierda, You wouldn't want to rival him. His comment made me chuckle as he started ranting about his crushing day and how it was the worst he had ever experienced. He had these rants every day, sometimes about his girlfriend not wanting to touch him or his players not actually playing, occasionally switching languages before switching back after a few seconds. I didn't mind being the 'unlucky' spectator in his drama-infested life.