Chapter 6: Runaway || Part 6

[[A/N: Garrett Neff as Alexander will make every girl (fictional and real) drop their bottoms :) hahaha. He's #mcm <3

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this last part for chapter 6; it will be Alexander's last day in Rome. Let's not spill any tears, he does not even know he is leaving his sister and she does not know he is alive, so save your tears ladies and gents (however rare of you there are on wattpad).]]

[[26 January 25 B.C.E || Alexander]]

I looked outside the concrete window, moving passed the white curtains, searching for what I felt was missing. I did not really comprehend it, but there was this opening inside my heart that I felt somewhere, desiring and missing something I did not know. I sighed and tapped the concrete with my fingers contemplating what I was missing. The frigid air shined passed the warm rays of the dawning sun, meant to warm the land, and glistened onto the warmth of my swarthy skin. I did not shiver or remove myself from the window; instead, I stayed and examined the parts of my body that stayed naked under the soft white wool of my sleeping robe. It was unlatched and it opened my eyes to further examination. I felt the large remnants of a scar underneath my ribcage and pressed it, wondering if by touching it I would remember how I got it. However, I remembered nothing.

For the past days, the one thing I had remembered was that day when the blonde man caught me in his arms and hugged me; it evoked a feeling that made me feel like I belonged with that man. He was my father, the father who I knew, but do not remember.

"Helios," Helena knocked on my door, and I hooked my robe together again, turning my body and mind away from the outside world.

"Enter," I called. I walked away from the window and towards the door, where Helena also came in.

"I have a gift for you little brother," she giggled gleefully and walked into my room, in a stunning white chiton ornamented with gold at the shoulders. Lying underneath of her half-hanging tunic laid golden chains that gilded her beautiful chiton lying underneath. She had her wispy wheat hair braided in an intricate braid behind her head, only allowing a few strands of hair to give her face a natural girlish frame. The tunic that started on her left shoulder and embraced the rest of her body without covering her right shoulder, was also ornamented with gold. The only spit of jewelry she had on besides the golden chains were the pair of dropping golden earrings, each holding lapis lazuli.

Upon seeing those earrings, I felt a chill run through my body and an image alarm through my head. There was a woman, with hair as black as night, holding the grace of a Queen, the emblems of the Queen of Egypt, glittering golden against the yellow red sand. She was speaking, but I could not make out her words, there were people by her: in particular, two men and a little girl. The little girl was calling, but I still could not make out the words; yet, it seemed like she was calling for me. The image disappeared and a concerned Helena, who held my cheek reproachfully, replaced it.

"Are you alright, brother?" she asked worriedly.

"Yes," I nodded, "I just remembered something." I blinked away the fuzziness and remembered the solid details. I revised them again, "I remembered a woman, I think she was the Queen of Egypt, and I saw two men, they're unidentifiable to me, and this little girl, whose face I could not see. She seemed to be calling for me."

I was reminiscing and slowly loosing sense of where I was. I felt like I was returning from where I came from, and where was that?

"We've met the Queen of Egypt before," Helena answered effortlessly; "father was one of her main suppliers of secrets and trade goods from Greece and Rome. I only came with you once to Egypt and I saw the Queen only from afar, though you three had a close view. You should inquire about the vision with Lysander, maybe it will all return to you. Has the memory with father come back to you?"