[Chapter 4] : Misunderstandings and break-ins

I literally created a youtube channel just so I can add my crappy meme edits to wattpad, so enjoy lol

''-AND THEN YOU WENT SHBOOM AND HE WENT FLYING LIKE SHWOOM!''

This was definitely not what you were expecting while heading to school this morning.

You had dropped Naoto off on your own just moments ago since Hina wanted to walk to school together with her boyfriend today. Therefore, you left the two lovers alone and, upon finally reaching your destination, this is what greeted you.

''Yamagishi, you're gonna scare her off!''

''NO I WON'T!''

No sooner had (Y/n) stepped through the gate than four middle schoolers practically jumped out at her. She recognized them as Takemichi's regular friend group, and boy were they rowdy so early on a Wednesday morning... Not to complain but she'd barely caught their names and here they were, bouncing from one topic to another.

''Okay, that's enough from you.'' proclaims Akkun as he flicks his bespectacled friend on the forehead. ''Sorry (Y/n), I hope this moron didn't freak you out too much...''

''WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MORON??''

''It's alright, thanks for your concern Akkun.'' You offer him a friendly smile which he reciprocates wholeheartedly.

''We'd originally just wanted to thank you for yesterday, but I suppose things got a little out of hand..." Takuya sighs.

''Thank me? For what?''

''Standing up for Takemichi, obviously!''

It all clicks in her head. Yesterday's events now seem really hazy for some reason, so much so that she had nearly forgotten about the whole Kiyomasa ordeal. In fact, just thinking about it makes her lightheaded...

Once the crowd had finally dispersed, leaving only (Y/n), Takemichi and his buddies, the girl merely ascertained that he was all right, then departed. Under the lingering effects of the shock and the surge of adrenaline, there wasn't much more than a couple of nods and briefly muttered words exchanged between the six of them.

''You managed to interpose yourself in the fight and even landed a punch on Kiyomasa without chickening out...'' The magenta haired boy averts his gaze, dejected. ''It's kinda pitiful that we, his friends, did nothing but watch him get his ass kicked... We're so lame...''

''Akkun...'' You trail off, struggling to find the words and unaccustomed to providing reassurance to others. Resting a hand on his shoulder, you try your utmost to lift his spirits. ''Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure you would have done something if I hadn't intervened...''

And you mean it, recalling the knife he was wielding; the image of him clenching the handle with all his might, with every ounce of anger bubbling up inside him. Would he have had the courage to use it? Well, whether he would have or not, the overall outcome worked out in everyone's favor; you didn't have to wrestle Kiyomasa, no crime was committed and in the end, no one was too terribly wounded.  

''In the end, it wasn't me who saved him anyways.'' (Y/n) continues. ''It was those two guys who barged into the midst of the battle. Do you know who they are?''

Akkun is on the verge of answering the questions when Yamagishi beats him to it, his eyes sparkling with renewed interest behind the boxy, red glasses resting atop his nose bridge.

''You mean you've never heard of them?'' When she shakes her head no, he promptly carries on with an explanation. ''They're the president and vice president of the Tokyo Manji Gang - also known as Toman! Mikey's the leader, and Draken, his second in command - he's the really tall one by the way. Oh, you probably don't know much about gang hierarchy and whatnot. Well, in this case, Toman is divided into several divisions all-''