#1 venlumi: lovers' oath

Sometimes Lumine wonders.

Maybe Venti wasn't a bard nor a god, but he was actually an angel ascended by celestia.

She doesn't know why. The idea just sparked in her mind naturally as if it was a fact. She has traveled through worlds, witnessed the births and fallens of stars, yet she has never encountered such a pure and gentle soul as Venti. He seems too good for this world, for Teyvat, for her. And even though Lumine has succeeded in not having too strong of a feeling towards anyone through millennia, she couldn't help but fall in love with Venti.

Yes. She is madly in love with him.

She loves his soothing voice whenever he sings a song to put her into sleep after a nightmare. She loves his bicolored hair, loves how it lightly brushes against her face when she nuzzles into his broad shoulder. She loves the mesmerizing teal colour of his eyes, bringing back so many memories of her long lost hometown. She loves his mild temper, his free soul and his words. Even his cute cries when he wheedles that she enjoys so much, his drunken appearance whenever she meets him at the tavern, his playful smile when he teases her,... and many, so many more.

She loves everything that belongs to him and himself.

He is the oxygen she inhales, the wind beneath her wings. He is the song she softly hums to herself, and the persistent prayer on her lips.

He drives her crazy day by day, but he doesn't seem to know that.

Does he?

"Oh, Lumine! What brings you here?"

Venti is so surprised as he instantly puts down his lyre. He steps forward, greets her with the brightest smile that she can't help but grin from ear to ear back as an idiot.

"Long time no see, Venti. I'm here to visit you."

“And here I thought you were so busy with your brother that you’ve already forgotten about me.”

"No, of course not! Look at this!" She defends, quickly rummages through her bag and pulls out two fresh bottles of dandelion wine she just bought from the tavern. “I even got you a present!”

Venti’s playful pout immediately vanishes, replaced by a broad smile and beaming eyes. He becomes excited in no time, jumps at Lumine and squeezes her tight.

“You got this just for me? Archons, you are the best, Lumine!!”

He cheers while Lumine shyly hugs him back with a bashful expression, which earns her a cheeky smirk from the bard. But he decides to release her for once as he grabs the bottle she gives him and pulls her to sit down with him beneath the ancient tree in Windrise.

This has been their favourite place for a long time. The comforting shadow, the tranquil atmosphere, the beautiful scenery with no one around to disturb. Everything is just so soothing. It’s not like they have never tried somewhere different, take Starsnatch Cliff for example. They used to lie there between trails of cecilia and soft grass when Lumine returned from Inazuma. Or on the hands of Venti’s very own statue, as they silently sat beside each other after she met her brother for the first time in a painfully long period but wasn’t able to bring him back with her.

But, Windrise is where the story began and their fate crossed.

So it always holds a special place in Venti’s heart and not so long after, Lumine’s too.

“When will you and Aether depart?”

Venti’s sudden question almost makes Lumine choke on her wine. He laughs towards her clumsy gesture. After calming herself, she fell into silence for a minute, before finally having the courage to speak up as his hand gently placed on hers.