Chapter 28 Down the Rabbit Hole

*WARNING BLOOD, GORE, GENERAL MAHEYM* 

    "Alpha 3 reporting 4 more victims secured moving them out." "Beta 9 reporting Tangos engaged need reinforcement pinned down with multiple gunfire and three-quarter cover." "Runner 6 is down need immediate evac!" The communications flew fast and furious nonstop reporting movement and determining that the biggest clusterfuck was in the chamber to the left of the holding cells. Toga tched and looked back just in time to see Eraser come up behind Edgeshot. Looking at them she glanced back at Lion and noted the appearance of more wounds and warned the Heroes. "Ok gentlemen now that we are all here, we are getting ready to head to the left chamber. I will make sure no one touches Lion so you can either back us up or if you feel it's better grab vics or buyers. I'm gonna leave it up to you to make the best call." Toga watched their eyes widen in surprise and shrugged. "Hey, you two are a real pain in our asses so that means you are good at what you do. I'm not gonna fuck up our chance to save as many of these kids as possible by letting my ego run my mouth. Now we good to go?" She watched both of them nod slightly as Eraser pulled up his scarf and down came the goggles. Edgeshot turned 2-D and slid into a shadow as Toga took a deep breath and kicked the door open. " I'mmm Baaaccckk" she sung out as gunfire ripped through the room.

     A quick glance in the room showed two other exits and three tables flipped in a corner with several people hunched behind it. Toga glimpsed one pop over to take a quick shot only to see the bullet stop in front of the glowing red Sprite before falling to the floor. As he dropped back behind the table hushed whispers where heard flying fast behind the table with occasional words being picked out. "....Oni..." "...dead... negotiate..." "....exit.." Sprite started moving forward slowly as suddenly the sound of gunfire ceased. "Wait!" A male voice called out from behind the table as a white handkerchief was waved over the top of the table. Toga snorted at that, after all it wasn't like any of the people standing in front of the table had guns. She knew that several of Syndicate were watching with rifles trained on targets, but hey that was a them problem. "What do you want? Make it quick we don't have time for your shit." Toga called back with a sneer. A middle-aged man slowly rose from behind the table and straightened up dusting off his designer suit before looking over at the group. His eyes narrowed as he glanced at Toga and dismissed her before settling his considering gaze on Sprite. "I don't know if you know who we are, but it would be in your best interest to speak with me. I'm sure we can reach a satisfactory settlement for both parties." Toga snorted another laugh and rolled her eyes as she examined her nails and waited for the stuck-up pompous prick to continue. The man not getting a response tensed his jaw and tried again. "You are the one known as Night Oni correct? The supposed head of The Syndicate and the executioner of all who cross them. I am the Dragon of the Red Swords, I'm sure you have head of us. I apologize if we have offended you or trespassed into your territory. We were under the impression," He cast a derisive glance at someone who was crouched behind the table next to him. "this was neutral territory and a sanctioned event. If we were in error, then I would be happy to compensate you." He waited, growing more frustrated as the red lights cast shadows throughout the room. "I'm growing irritated, so I suggest you answer me in a civilized manner before we are forced to take action!" He ground out his hands clenched into fists.

     Suddenly a slow clapping came from a man leaning up against the doorframe. Toga glanced over and squealed as she clapped her hands together. "Oh hey Stain! I didn't know you were gonna make it tonight!" The man in the doorway straightened up and gave a low respectful bow towards Sprite before sending a smirk and wink towards Toga. "Hey crazy, almost missed my entrance there. Got a little caught up in something, but I made it just in time." He cast a scornful glance at the man in the suit who had gone pale and silent as he realized who had just joined the party. Stain slowly walked into the room, a snarl forming on his face as he emitted a growing bloodlust. "You are a fool, the worst kind because even at your ending you can't seem to realize that what you've done is not forgivable. To attempt to bribe your way out of this is stupid, but to attempt to do so when a true Hero stands before you is unforgivable!" Stain pulled out his katana and ran his tongue along the blade. The businessman paled even more as Toga stepped up next to Stain with her knife out as a shimmer formed disturbing the air in front of them. The man dropped behind the cover of the table as another popped up aiming square at Sprite. He stared in shock as he pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. As he stared in horror, he threw the gun aside and attempted to rip a knife out of his jacket as a katana hammered into his left shoulder cutting freely down through his sternum bisecting his heart. Stain placed his foot on him shoving him back off of his blade allowing the man to fall. He lay there and blinked before his eyes glazed. At that Toga whooped with laughter and threw herself over the table swinging wildly and giggling as blood spurted and spattered over the walls and herself. Stain just shook his head chuckling at her enthusiasm as he threw himself to the left to slash at another person when several threw themselves out from behind the table desperate to evade the knife wielding maniac. While Stain flew around the room slashing indiscriminatingly through people a woman in a suit stumbled over and kneeled in front of Sprite. Trembling and crying she looked up and begged, "Please don't kill me, I was just here under orders. I swear I won't ever darken your site again! My boss will pay you well, he's very wealthy and has quite a bit of power. I'm sure he'd be very helpful to you. You wouldn't kill a woman, right? You defend the weak." Listening Sprite gazed down at the pitiful woman and slowly lowered her hand to the woman's head. Toga and Stain paused for a moment and watched as Sprite leaned down closer to the woman. "You have been weighed and measured," Sprite said as she caressed the woman's face watching her eyes light up as she started to babble out thanks. "and you have been found wanting." As the woman stopped confused a slow look of fear replaced her hope and she started to scream. Sprite stood there, face blank, as she kept her hand on the woman's face watching as blood started to drip from the woman's nose and eyes. Suddenly Sprites hand was ripped from the woman's face as a voice yells "Sprite no!"