[23] A Cold Journey and Persona

Mobian · Adventure Field · Mystic Ruins
January 21st, 2025 5:00 p.m.
In the world of My Hero Online, the names Deku and Dynamight were very well known. The two were known as among the best players due to how they fought on the front lines to clear the game of death. In that world, they were like pros, but in the world, they're in now, though they have the stats of pros, they knew absolutely nothing.

After meeting the female wolf player Camie who agreed to take them to the Sky Road Zone, the three of them flew on their Extreme Gears and set off to the distant land. Camie explained that getting there would take a while since they would have to cross through the bear territory, Frozen Factory. Not knowing what kind of enemy they would fight, Camie suggested they should buy more gear or even a weapon, but Deku and Dynamight assured her that they would be fine having confidence in their physical strength as they did before. But that all came back to bite them when they were attacked while flying.

As they flew through the neutral ground, they were suddenly attacked by a swarm of robotic bees that flew out of the trees and charged at them shooting lasers.

Dynamight wanted nothing more than attack them but both he and Deku had no experience in fighting in mid-air like Uravity. 

"HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THESE THINGS???!!!" Dynamight screamed as he flew on his extreme gear avoiding both the bees and their lasers.

"I don't know! I can't even do a homing attack without risking falling off the board and losing all of my HP!" Deku said trying his hardest to dodge as well. Looking behind him, he noticed a bee bot targeting its stinger at him. But just as it was about to fire, a cyan-colored laser was shot straight at it destroying it completely. Deku looked to his side to see Camie wearing her mask while pointing at where the bee bot was destroyed.

"Thanks, Camie!" Deku said giving her a thumbs up. He couldn't help but stare at the weapon she had in her hand as a cyan-colored creature flew out of it and went inside a capsule that was inside her cloak. "Hey Camie, what's that weapon called by the way?!"

"Oh, this?!" Camie shouted holding up her weapon. "It's a Wispon! It's like, a very common weapon in the game! There's a shop back in Knothole that sells them!"

"THEN WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU SHOW US BEFORE WE LEFT THE DAMN PLACE???!!!" Dynamight shouted avoiding even more laser blasts while Camie simply laughed nervously.

"It would've been cool if we had weapons like that," Deku said as he stabled himself on the board. Suddenly, Eri appeared in front of him with an excited face.

"Daddy, you do have one!" she said.

"What do you mean Eri?" he asked.

"Remember when you and Uncle Kachan fought those dogs yesterday?" she asked earning a nod from him. "Just like MHO, whatever items that defeated players had, they were sent to your inventory as rewards"