18 - Jenny's on the Trail

***JENNY POV***

I walked into the diner of her last known location once I got into town and looked around.

"Can I help you?" An older woman asked and I looked at her name tag.

"Debra...I'm Jenny Hoyt." I said and she nodded.

"Oh yeah, I talked to your sheriff..."

"Yeah, I was here to pick up her phone." I said and she nodded and reached in the pocket of her apron she wore.

"I took it home to keep it charged and with me in case she contacted her own phone." Debra said handing me the phone.

"I noticed her car outside. Did she leave her keys?" I asked and Debra shook her head.

"Just the phone, sorry." Debra said and I just half nodded.

"Thank you. I need to get to your police station. Thanks for the phone." I said and went to leave.

"For what it's worth, she didn't seem scared leaving with the guy." Debra said after I turned to leave.

"She isn't scared of much. Thanks though." I said and walked out.

***BLAKE POV***

I woke up sitting in a room. I wasn't tied up or anything, but I was laying on a concrete floor in a room. I just got up and sighed looking around. Dark, dingy, cold...yeah, I was in a basement.

"Hello?!" I called out.

No answer.

"Michael?! Jax?!" I called out.

Still no answer. I sighed and leaned again the wall. I left my phone at the restaurant, let's pray someone good found it and got help. Although I told Beau goodbye, he wouldn't be calling.

Beau.

The man I saw myself possibly having a life with and then I left. He got hurt because of me. I couldn't put him in danger anymore. I couldn't out anyone in Big Sky in anymore danger. Jax was after me, he wanted me dead, and I was willing to be the sacrifice to make sure everyone stayed safe.

My eyes started to focus more in the dark room and I noticed a door, no handle on my side so that wasn't going to help me at all. How did I get here? I was awake in the car, when Michael took me but I don't remember anything else...what did he do to me...

I heard a door open and then I heard my door being unlocked, I stayed as far back as I could. Michael walked in and saw me awake and standing.

"Thank god, I didn't kill you. Jax would have had my head." Michael said and I groaned.

"How did I get...wherever this is..?" I asked.

"Well, on the way here, you came so quietly but were watching for landmarks out the window so while you weren't looking, I drugged you." Michael said and motioned my neck and then I left the little prick point, and it came back to me.

"Right...now I remember. Where are we though?" I asked and he laughed.

"You think I would tell you?" Michael asked.

"Not like I could tell anyone! You took my phone!" I said annoyed and he just chuckled.

"No, you left your phone willingly at the diner." Michael said. He stepped into the room near me and I moved around the room away from him.

"Jax is on his way." Michael said and I groaned.

"I figured."

"He is going to have so much fun with you. He said you left him and he had been dying to find you." Michael said and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, he has." I said. Michael rushed me and pushed me against the wall holding my neck.

"He has! He said he is taking you far away where no one can find you. Before that though he said he is taking you back to Big Sky so he can kill all your little friend and that new boyfriend. He wants you to watch." Michael said as my eyes filled with tears and I couldn't breathe. I tried breaking his hold on me. He finally let me go and I fell to the floor gasping for air.

"He wont get away with this..." I gasped out. Michael bent down to my face.

"He will get away with whatever he wants." Michael said, smacked me hard across my face and walked away, slamming the door.

***JENNY POV***

I was sitting with the Sheriff in Jamestown and he really a backwoods, small town sheriff.

"I don't know what you expect me to do Miss Hoyt."

"I expect you to do your job and check the cams from the diner, the traffic cams find anything that can give us a hint as to what direction they went in." I said and he sighed.

"Miss Hoyt -..."

"Detective Hoyt." I corrected him.

"Detective Hoyt, I don't know what kind of town you think this is but we don't have traffic cams and most of the business's cameras are fake or not working. Your friend wanted to be off the map and picked one the best places to be off the grid." The sheriff said and I groaned.

"This is ridiculous. What do you do when people go missing in this town?" I asked.

"They usually show up in a few days. They go to the no-tell motel near the edge of town. That's probably where your friend is staying." The sheriff said and I groaned.

"Right but I don't have a room key or anything." I said and the Sheriff didn't say thing. I then looked at her phone in my hand.

"Thanks for nothing Sheriff." I said and went to walk out.

"Detective Hoyt, if you plan on following any leads, call here first." The sheriff said and I just half nodded and walked out.

"Don't count on it." I mumbled to myself and got out to my car. I knew I needed to call Beau and Denise but with no viable leads yet, there was no point. I needed to go to the hotel where they guessed she was saying and see what I could find out.

***BLAKE POV***

I was leaning against the wall, in the corner of the room I was in. I needed to get out, I needed to overpower him somehow. I heard the main door open, then my door. I was expecting Michael, I wasn't so lucky.

"Hello my love." The sinister voice said.

"Jax..."