Payback (NSFW + T4T)

"Harry, you've been writing all day." James would mumble, leaning against the doorway to the man's office. Beyond the windows that lined the wall, the sun was setting. James had already fed the girls dinner and sent them to bed not that long ago. He'd called Harry for dinner, but Harry insisted that he had to finish this chapter. "Why don't I make you something to eat and we relax on the couch together for a bit?"

"I'll meet you there, James." Harry would mumble, his eyes still pinned to the work before him. His hair was a mess, unkempt and sticking up certain places- as if he had been running his hand throughout it over and over. In the reflection of the screen, James could see Harry's gaze briefly shift to his own reflection. He saw the heavy bags and grimace that now crossed his features.

James was stubborn, though. Always was, even before Silent Hill. So, the blond opted to step further into the room. His arms uncrossing and shoulders shrugging, right before halting behind the chair the man was hunched over in. His hands would rest at the top if it's back, James leaning down to press a small kiss to the other's cheek. "C'mon, Harry. It's getting late." he'd mumble against his neck, pressing a gentle kiss there, as well.

"I can't. I have to finish this." The writer would frown, leaning back some, where he would tilt his head back glance up at the blond. Half-expecting to be met with a face of worry or scolding, it was the opposite. James was grinning, both his hands reaching down to gently knead into Harry's shoulders.

"Let's take a break, yeah?" James purred, leaning down to steal a quick kiss. The man's hands sliding down the chair, to knees into the others shoulders. "I've missed you."

"James..." Harry would breathe, leaning back with a sigh. A hand would come to run across his features, plucking his glasses off his face and discarding them on his work desk. "I know what you're trying to do. What if the girls-"

"They're in bed." James would interrupt, leaning down further to press kisses to the man's neck.

"Already? Christ. What time is it?"

"At least nine."

"Nine!?" Harry would scoff, nearly pushing James off. His head would shake, a frustrated sigh leaving him. "Just give me another hour or two, okay? Then we can go to bed."

James would sigh deeply through his nose. Standing up straight, before walking to the man's desk. Leaning against it, and crossing his arms. There was a grimace now across his features. "You've been working yourself ragged. C'mon? Please, Harry. You and I haven't got to spend as much time as I've had liked to, recently."

"I know, I know. But I have to get this finished by the deadline- without you working, James, we can't afford to be behind schedule on anything."

A twinge of guilt hit James' chest. He felt bad- making Harry be the sole breadwinner for their family. He'd tried a handful of times to get a job after Silent Hill, but... it just never worked out. It was too much pressure. Half the time he couldn't even stomach leaving the house; his palms would sweat and his stomach would recoil even at the thought. "I'm sorry, Harry. I can... start applying, again?" It was a genuine offer. If Harry working all on his own was too much, James would find a way to work. He didn't mind helping, and he tried his hardest to help around the house, already.

"No!" Harry would sigh, rubbing at his face before both hands would fall on the desk before him. Exhaling deeply once more, before tilting his head to look up at James with a grim smile. "I'm sorry, James. You understand. Don't you?"

"Of course I do." James would return the smile, albeit his own a bit more timid and apologetic. He would kneel down, placing a hand on the others thigh and giving a reassuring squeeze. "I love you, Harry. Harold."