Chapter 27: Changes

He had come to a conclusion what he had to do but wasn't sure if he had the strength to do so...

—————————————————————————

The next day Arya and Alicia continued their journey alone. Arya didn't want the humans to go further into the forest so after a lengthy goodbye they left them behind.

They had been running next to each other in silence. Now that they were not slowed and limited by human speed Arya picked up the pace to the point that Alicia was barely managing to keep up.

With this new pace they completed their journey before noon. They didn't talk at all during the journey as Alicia already had her issues keeping up. As soon as they reached the city Alicia went to rest at her place.
After she rested for a couple hours she went over to Aryas place to check on her and find out why they had to leave so urgently.
Arya refused to tell Alicia why they had to leave. And on the next day she sent Alicia along with her 5 top generals to the front line.
Alicia had tried resisting "I'm not gonna fight in this war" "I know" "then why are you sending me to the troups" "You'll see once you arrive. Go with the generals. Their travel speed."
"You are really frustrating you know that right?" "I'm just doing what you told me to do" "What?" Alicia got even more confused
"Just go with the generals and help them. They have strict orders"  "Please fill me in" "No. Don't worry about me just go" With that Arya vanished from her treehouse.

—————————————————————————

Arya had a long journey ahead. She had sent Spike into the wilderness to not be caught by human forces if they manage to get that far. She had instructed her generals to hold position for 2 Weeks and the slowly start retreating their troops.

—————————————————————————

After half a week of travelling Arya had reached her destination. She knew what was about to happen wouldn't be fun. But it had to be done

—————————————————————————

Alicia and the generals arrived at the front line. They had filled Alicia in on what to do on their way.  So at first they did nothing. the prevented their soldiers from any aggression and that was it. They did that for 2 weeks.

2 weeks of doing nothing except theorizing what their Queen had in mind with this very obscure tactic. 

it was the 15th day after their arrival at the troops and they had just given the order to retreat when Alicia felt a familiar presence in her mind She'll be here tomorrow it was Spike. But he just finished his message when he had already retreated from her mind.

Alicia had wondered where the dragon went. He had vanished since Arya and her had returned home. And now this? She went to talk to the generals 

"Liútasil she'll be here tomorrow" "We'll continue to go along with her wishes but us 6 will stay another day" 

 —————————————————————————

Arya knew that Liútasil Alicia and the others would be waiting for her. She knew they'd want answers. She knew at least Liútasil would see the change she had gone through. She knew he'd understand. After some thought her decision was made. Not let him mention where she had been to not scare the others. It was obvious to her who would be her successor. There was no way she could remain among the elfs after the last 2 Weeks. 

—————————————————————————

Alicia had been waiting all day. when all of a sudden Arya stood in front of them. Alicia immediately noticed her appearance had changed. Her facial contours had changed. They looked sharper.

"My Queen"  Elsinael was the first to be on his knees. the others followed except for Alicia and Liútasil. Alicia knew Arya for way too long as a close friend to bow down to her. She wasn't sure why Liútasil didn't bow down.

"You-"  Liútasil started but interrupted himself after looking into her eyes. Something inside of him told him that if he finished his sentence he would not live among elfs any longer.

Arya turned her attention towards Alicia and the other 4 elfs. "Stand up. - . There is no reason anymore to bow down to me" "Arya -"  Alicia's voice was fragile when saying her name. "Alicia." "What did you do?" "I did what i had to do. like everything in life it comes with consequences." "Stop being so cryptic about everything. You don't have to carry all the burden yourself" "One day you'll understand" 

"Why did you stop here"  Liútasil stepped up. "It's very simple. And i think you already know why"  he nodded. "I do yes. what are you waiting for then?" She turned around and clapped.

All of a sudden all of them were on a small clearing in the forest. Besides the 7 of them there were a couple other elves. Mainly older elves. Claelrilr was among them as well as other known and respected elfs. "Alicia please follow me."  Arya went ahead and walked in front of all the elves and made her friend kneel down. "Alicia Sylphine. You will be the Queen of the elven people. I will be stepping down from the throne with you as my successors. This is effective immediately and will not be reversed"

Alicia sat there kneeling on the clearing not moving at all. she was frozen in shock what just happened. She completely blended out the other elfs and what they said. So she didn't hear their "Long live the Queen" ensuring that this really just happened. She had expected everything but not this. She had expected to be expelled or worse or have Arya propose to her. She really thought it was going to happen.

"Give me some space" She finally found her voice after minutes of silence. All of the elves including Arya stepped away giving her space. while she still hadn't moved from the position her friend made her kneel down. "Arya. get back here." she said. "yes my queen?" she was smirking "Tell me right now what the fuck is going on" "I still can't tell you" "What if i command you to tell me" "I still won't tell you" "You would disobey your queen?" "Oh you're not my queen" "What? you just made me your queen" "no. i made you their queen not mine" "You changed again. no. you changed. the last time i said that you didn't change. you just opened up but now you truly changed." "How" "How you changed?" she nodded "You... you look different and you're presence is changed as well" "You noticed parts of it." "But why?" "I'm doing what you asked me to do" "What are you talking about?" "You asked me to end all of this" "But didn't you say that you can't?" "no i said: It wouldn't be the way you want it to end. It wouldn't be the way many people want. Many would get in my way and try and stop me" "Then why now" "I gave Kennard a month" "You spoke to him?" "yes" 

silence. neither of them were saying anything for minutes.

"Why did you make me Queen?" "You're the best fit for it"

Silence broke upon them once more

"What are you going to do now? you stepped down as queen and are free to do whatever you want" "I'm still bound by nature. to an extend" "<to an extend>. excuse me what? what do you mean by to an extend?" "Ask Claelrilr or  Liútasil about it. Liútasil saw it immediately and Claelrilr knows everything about everyone around him."

"Then what's gonna happen with us? I don't want to lose you to a stupid war" "You're not going to lose me. But the world might lose itself. Starting with the poor souls right there." she nodded towards the enemy troops which were far out of sight. "They are currently mobilizing to march against the forest" "Let me help you this one time at least." "You can't if you get involved you won't exist after" "Where did you go that changed you?" "ask the others. i have to go." She slowly started to vanish. As she vanished her mouth formed 3 words.