Chapter 4: First challenge

After a bit of walking Daric was now walking along a dirt trail. Everywhere he looked he saw nothing but destruction. The trees were falling apart. Their were flames all around.

Daric: Wow this place is nothing more but chaos.

Daric then suddenly stopped and crossed his arms while flossing his eyes.

Daric: Something doesn't feel right.

At the last moment Daric managed to dodge an attack causing an explosion of dust. When it finally settled it was revealed to be a green skinned individual. He then gets up with a menacing aura while grabbing his club.

???: Well then I guess your the hero that she was talking about.

Daric then unsheathes his blade as it begins to glow.

???: I thought so. Well then if that's the case then my lord shouldn't even worry I'll kill you this instant.

Daric: Well go ahead and try whoever you are.

???: Well then you can just call me Jack lecross.

Daric: Well then you can just call me death.

Jack: Okay then bring it on then

Jack then charges at Daric and strikes his blade. The clash ended and Jack managed to punch Daric away.

Daric launched a barrage of attacks at Jack only for it to have no effect causing him to let out a chuckle.

Jack: Is that seriously all you got? I expected better.

Daric only scoffed as he dashed towards him with his blade glowing brighter.

Daric: LIGHT SLASH!

Jack only chuckles as he grabs Daric's blade with his hand before slamming him to the ground.

Jack: Wow you really are pathetic.

Daric then gets up and launches a barrage of strikes at him with him dodging them easily before stopping and punching Daric in the gut causing him to spit up blood before getting launched into the trees. Daric then managed to get up with him barely able to stand.

Jack: Wow your pathetic.

Daric: Shut up.

Jack: Alright then make me.

Daric then managed to get up completely before putting his blade Infront of him. He takes a deep breath causing his blade to glow up a bit brighter.

???: Don't give up Daric.

Daric then opens his eyes in confusion before looking around before blocking an attack from Jack.

Jack: Hey don't get distracted now.

Daric then backed up before his blade glowed again.

???: Daric I know what to do. You have to trust me.

Daric: *Thinking* Well I don't have a choice right now. Sure what's up.

???: Just channel your power directly to your sword and unleash a powerful blow at the right moment.

Daric: *Thinking* Fine then let's see about that.

Daric then backed up a bit and his sword then goes back to normal.

Jack: Oh what's wrong? You lost your courage.

???: Don't let him deceive you.

Daric: Right.

Daric then launched himself directly at him and strikes at him again only for Jack to dodge them and punching him in the stomach again launching him away. Jack then grabbed his weapon and dashed straight for Daric.

Jack: Now that was fun but now I have to end this.

He then dashed at Daric with his eyes with intent to kill him.

???: Wait just a bit more.

After a bit more Jack was directly close to him.

???: Now!

Daric then quickly dodged the attack with his blade glowing bright.

Daric: LIGHT SLASH!

Daric managed to Slash off one of his hands before he kicked him back. He was then on his knees screaming in pain.

Daric: Wahoo.

Jack was then looking at Daric with murderous intentions. As he charges at him as he was surrounded by a dark green aura. Daric then blocked him with his blade only for him to get overpowered and launched away.

Daric: What the crap was that.

???: That was a power stance.

Daric: Power stance?

???: It's a form you can take to boost your attack.

Daric: By how much?

???: It's just by 2.

Daric: Still not good. Alright then let's do this.

Daric then raised his sword only for it to have stopped glowing.

Daric: What the crap?

???: I'm sorry Daric I'm out of energy.

Jack was now enraged as he began to swing at Daric hitting him with every blow before he managed to back up while panting heavily.

Jack: Prepare to die.

Daric then dodged the attack before backing up against a tree.

Daric: *Thinking* I got it. Hey blade how sharp are you.

???: Wait how did you know?

Daric: *Thinking* Not now answer the question.

???: Well yes I am pretty sharp.

Daric: Perfect.

Jack then charges at Daric with him dodging his attacks before managing to dodge his attack before kicking him away a bit before he slashed a tree in half nearly crushing Jack.

Daric: Alright then how about a couple more.

Daric then cuts multiple trees causing him to barely be able to dodge then until he was buried in the trees. Leaving Daric panting while falling to the ground.

Daric: Alright then that should do it.

That moment of silence was interupted when Jack came slamming out of the trees with a more angry look.

Daric: Oh come on. First bosses are supposed to be easy.

Jack then charges at Daric with him getting ready to strike until it was suddenly silence. When Daric looked he saw an individual. He wielded a claymore wearing a red uniform with shoes black hair and red eyes.

Daric: Hehehe thank you.

Was the last thing he said before he fell to the ground.

???: Wow you really did good. However I kinda figured you'd be fine. Alright then let's take you somewhere safe.

*End of Chapter*