THIRTEEN

The night came faster than Isaac could imagine and expanded to days, he had watched Gemma every night, Sarah and the rest seemed to come over every morning and bring what they could, food especially, they would also bring flowers and some clothes for her.

Now, it's been two weeks since Gemma lay unconscious, and once again, he stayed the night watching her. He sat watching the big bright moon shining in the dark sky, its light illuminating the dark room. Isaac was bored and clueless about what he was doing taking care of a rude girl that he doesn't even know, not for days but weeks and every time he walked in, he pitied her even more. Slowly he turned around, exhausted and ready to sleep but instead found Gemma staring at him.

"Hi," Gemma said. Her voice was hoarse. He darted at the window and her. And then smiled, speechless. "You can as well say something" she groaned, slightly.

"You're awake?" he raised his brows in surprise.

"Can I get a glass of water?" she asked politely.

Isaac blinked once, then twice "You want... um... sure... wait what?" he stammered, she had just acted like someone who just woke up from a mere sleep.

"A glass of water?" she cleared her throat slowly looking away to the white ceiling.

He scratched his head not sure what to do before saying "I think I should get the doctor," Isaac said, heading towards the door, Gemma sighed closing her eyes back.

A few minutes later, Gemma was been checked by the doctor in silence. When he was done he stood at the foot of the bed speaking to Isaac "She is fine and everything thing is normal..." Dr Frank said, Gemma breathed loudly getting both their attention. "Miss Smith I would like to inform you about our mental health services so I think it might be a good idea if you could reach out whenever you can."

"I don't want to" she cleared her throat. Then she silently thanked the nurse who brought her a glass of water.

"I'm sorry, but you tried to kill yourself," He said bluntly.

The room became silent and Gemma lowered her eyes, speechless. Dr Frank stared at her waiting for a reply. Issac stood looking at them both.

Finally, she spoke "No, I didn't," Gemma said softly with her eyes still on the ground as if in another world. Isaac and the doctor locked eyes with each other.

"You didn't?" Isaac asked, confused.

"Yes I didn't... or perhaps I didn't mean to," she said, in a low and pathetic tone, like she was sorry for almost dying.

"Is there any guardian I can talk to?" He asked. She shook her head before words came out.

"No, it's just me" She quickly said, staring at a flower vase in the room.

Isaac fell speechless, now he was sure, she didn't want her mother close by, but he felt guilty for not persuading Anita to call her.

Dr Frank cleared his throat and looked away from her. "For now, you should have some rest... I will see you in the morning" Dr Frank said. Gemma nodded and lay back zoned.

Dr Frank then bowed his head, walking out of the room, while Isaac followed behind.

As soon as the door closed, he breathed, giving the other nurses a sign to leave while Isaac stared waiting for what he had to say. The nurses slowly stepped away and Dr Frank crossed his arms around his chest staring at Isaac till they were gone.

"She must have someone?" He stated. Issac stared at him for a while wondering what he should say.

"I guess... Maybe..." Isaac stammered, gazing at him. Should he have told him that she had a mother, it wasn't like it was in his place too. Gemma didn't mention her so probably she didn't want to see her or want her to know what had happened.

"Don't you know her?" He laughed, "You've been here almost every day!" His eyes narrowed at him.

"Honestly I don't... she's just my workmate" Dr Frank only humphed and studied him with steady eyes.

"You work?" he eyed him, Isaac shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Yes I do" he sarcastically replied looking away in annoyance.

"Bro-" he stopped and chuckled, which irritated Isaac, "Does dad know?" Dr Frank said, Isaac looked at him.

"Stop being formal and don't tell him about my job or me working" He gritted with a scowl.

"That's on you..." Dr Frank laughed, his smile faded immediately and he asked "Are you insane?" taking care of someone you don't even know... what if something happens to her and you don't even know her" he stepped closer to Isaac looking around to make sure no one was in the hallway, and when he confirmed he turned back to Isaac.

Isaac glanced around and looked towards the door, he licked his lips nervously and took steps closer to him.

"Just don't say a word at home," Isaac said, shushing him. "And she's gonna hear you so keep your voice down," he said, looking at the door.

He raised his hand in fake surrender "Woah, I wonder since when a woman had this much effect on you... is she different, I don't know different from Farah?" Frank's brows wriggled playfully as he asked hitting him in the arm.

Isaac scowled at him, and moved backwards, "Don't mention Farah" he swallowed, his face darkened at the sound of her name.

"Whatever you say, I just haven't seen a lady get you this way, you should be careful, remember what happened the last time?" He questioned, with his brows raised.

"We would talk about it later at home... I am sleepy" Issac moved away from him before opening the door to her room.

Dr Frank stood watching him, as the door shut, he rolled his eyes walking away.

As soon as he walked inside, the door closed, and Gemma cleared her throat, alerting him she was present. Isaac looked at her and walked towards the window without a word.

"That was a pretty long talk," Gemma said, Isaac noticed she had already sat up and was holding the cup of water in her hand, and he noticed it had reduced.

He shrugged "Yeah, I was worried" he replied, sweetly, making her heart twitch. Gemma blinked.

"Worried?" she laughed, and he could see she was gaining colour and was no longer pale as before.

He was curious, curious to know what had happened between her and Juan, and what he had told her. Gemma looked like she avoided the whole situation but he wasn't, so he spat.

"Yeah, let's talk about you... you seem pretty active for someone who nearly committed suicide" Isaac grabbed a chair moved closer to her and sat.

A look came into her eyes and she said "We've been talking about me... and I don't feel like talking so why don't we talk about you" she looked away, facing the windows.

"What did he say to you?" Isaac asked ignoring her.

Gemma turned to him, and their eyes met, she hadn't taken time to look at him all this while. Isaac had a boyish look, with ocean blue eyes, his hair was dark, silky and fluffy, and covered his forehead, this completed the boyish look. Her eyes fell to his lips and they looked so soft, that it tempted her to touch. He dressed quite expensive for a photographer and looked muscular. Isaac never took his eyes off her, while she scanned him.