020. fin

today was the day that would change denzel's life forever;

graduation.

this was it. the day he's been waiting for, for a really long time.

wearing the cap and gown made him feel accomplished, he finished the first chapter of his life. he was scared for the future, he was also upset over the fact that he didn't take advantage of his childhood.

but—you have to move forward.

to denzel, graduation was a pretty bittersweet event. he was happy that he didn't have to do mandatory schooling anymore, but he was also sad that all these people he's known since elementary school was going to be starting a new chapter, just like he is.

a few days ago, on the last day of school, he passed by clementine multiple times that day. he didn't think much of it, he'd see her smile at him from time to time, which was nice to see.

as the final speech was made, everybody threw their caps up. denzel wasn't the type to cry, but this moment made him shed a tear. part of the reason why he became slightly emotional, was because nobody was able to watch him walk the stage.

everyone began to mingle and give each other hugs.

since denzel didn't know much people, he began to walk towards the exit of the school, until he heard someone calling his name.

"den?"

he turned, seeing his former best friend standing a few feet away from him.

"i just wanted to say; i'm very proud of you." clementine claimed.

"for?"

"a lot of things; for graduating, for pushing through, for staying strong, and for just being you."

a smiled formed on his face. he quickly jogged towards her, giving her the tightest hug he's ever given.