Chapter 41

Omniscient POV:

Today's the day. The wedding is in full swing and at 5pm, Sade's mother, Adrienne, will be getting married. It's about 10am now.

Aria had gone to spend the night at Dylan's, per usual, after dropping Sade off at home. She's yet to find anything to wear, so the two made plans to get up and head for the mall in the next hour or so. Hunter's been with Tina all week, but after calling Lauren yesterday and finding out what had been going on, she spent last night at her friend's house.

This morning, they'd gone to brunch with Kingston and Silas to kickstart the day. The group was dressed rather casually. Hunter wore simple high waisted Levi jeans with an open cardigan and a cami up under; her hair in a claw clip. Silas wore khaki pants and Kingston had on jeans as they both dressed in presentable graphic tees. One wore dunks as the other wore new balances. And Lauren resided in black leggings along with a black fitted jacket and a pink cami tee up under. She paired that with some pink new balances that matched the shirt underneath her jacket.

The brunch was going very well so far, as expected.

"So, not to kill the vibe or anything but Lauren-" she picked her head up upon hearing her name. "You're going to her mom's wedding, after not speaking to her for almost a week??" Lauren looked down at the table, clearing her throat,

"I actually um, I don't think I'm going to go," she shrugged. "It just doesn't feel right to anymore, y'know? I was going, for Sade, who isn't even speaking to me right now. So, with that being said, what reason do I have for being there?" They nodded in solemn support and understanding.

"So you're taking the dress back?" Silas asked, prompting her to nod as she took another bite of her food.

"Yeah...probably tomorrow or something, I don't know."

There was a moment of awkward silence once Lauren finished speaking. It was unspoken, but they all knew it'd be one very awkward wedding with everyone there except her. Hunter then cleared her throat,

"I still think you two just need to see each other, face to face. I haven't talked to Sade, so I can't speak for her, but I'm sure she wants you there L."

Lauren gave her a double sided look. She wore a toothless grin on her face, but her eyes let Hunter know she was begging for the subject to be dropped.

"Look I appreciate y'all's concern, but it's fine, really."

Silence fell again as everyone's eyes sort of trailed to their plates of food. The other three shared knowing, unspoken looks while Lauren continued to eat her food calmly, and seemingly unbothered.

~ Meanwhile ~

"So you knew? This entire time?" Dylan asked Aria through a laugh.

"Of course I knew Bubba," she flashed a smile, holding his hand as they walked. "It's hard to get things past me, I thought you knew this already."

"Yeah you're right, it is," he shook his head. "I guess- I don't know, I guess I was afraid to tell you." Aria's face furrowed as he continued. "Scared that the conversation would eventually lead to us breaking up; that we wouldn't want the same things or wouldn't be able to figure it out-"

Aria stopped in her tracks, prompting Dylan to be subtly yanked with her. She reached up, on her tiptoes, to cup his cheeks with both her hands. Her mocha brown eyes peered into his of ocean blue.

"You worry too much Bubba," she said with a soft smile before leaning in to capture his lips. Grinning, he hummed into it,

"And you," Dylan slid both his hands lower down her back, resting just above her behind, "don't worry enough." He pecked her lips twice before smiling.