034

*2 days later*

I stayed. I'm going to his execution. I need closure. I slept, but its full of nightmares. Emily went home to check hotch, and Jack. But she should come back today.
She should meet me for the execution. I wasn't sure what was oppropriate to wear. So I just wore a black suit. Not that I'll grief him. But maybe I can grief, what he took from me.

I get myself on the bus again. But no emily. "Sorry but can you just wait one second?" I asked the busdriver.

"I have a schedule. I'm not going to wait bc your girlfriend is late" on that note she closed the doors.

I went back to my seat. Texting her but no response. Before I knew it. We stood before the prison again. Everything about it seemed haunted.
I walk inside to the desk.
"You again? You here to visit your boyfriend or something" the desk lady said.

"No, I'm here for the execution of a man who raped me and murderd my mother" it felt weird saying it to a stranger. But somehow good.
"John ferno" I say his name.
The lady tells me where to go.

I walk in a room filled with chairs. Maybe 1 or 2 people. There is a glass box the curtains behind it are closed for now. I sit right up front and center. I see a guard.
"Hi I'm Doctor y/n y/l/n i work for the fbi. I would like to say one last word to mister ferno if that's alright" the guard looked hesitant.

"You can speak through the speaker but we won't let you inside" I actually felt better about that. I give him a nodd and he guides me to the side. The curtain was open on that side. I see them strapping him to a chair.
"Klick here to open combs"
I thank him and press the button.

"Isn't it funny that your going to die In a glass box. Just like you killed my mother in one"
John looked at me with a grin.
"Your still not in control, I will forever hold a part of you"

"How sad. Your going to hold on to me? Your last victim. I won't hold on to you. I aborted that part" he grinds his teeth and starts to move around again.
"One last thing" I say to the guard next to me who got nervous.
"I also find it very funny that your going die do to electric shock.  You used that on me remember " that's all that I wanted to say. I went back to my chair.

The curtains opend and asked John for his last words. But he refused.

They placed something in his mouth and prepped. I wasn't sure if I could watch. On that moment emily ran in and sat next to me.
I pressed my face on her shoulders. It's not that I couldn't watch him die. I just don't want to see the electricity flowing through him. I don't want to feel it again.

I could hear them charge. Once it was over I looked up to see him dead.
It's over...
I wipe a tear and look at emily. "It's over" I say to her.
"Let's go home" her smile was soft and gentle.

By the time we were back in quantico, we needed to get Ready for haley's funeral.
We arrived together. Derek and rossi helped Carey the casket.
I held on to Jack's hand. This is the second time I've seen him. The first was just a few days ago. When he came out from hiding.
I look at hotch.

"Aaron. I don't know what it's like to lose a partner. But just know that I'm always here. Like you were for me. If you ever need anything. Like look after Jack. I'd be happy to do it"
Hotch turned to me. I saw the hurt in his eyes.

We held the service and hotch said his words. Every word brought me to tears.  At the end we all threw a rose on the casket.

I wanted to stay longer but hotch needed some time alone.
Then we moved to the brunch. It wasn't the time to tell the team where I've been. They don't know that I went to the execution. Not much could be said. We already have a case.....

When we arrived emily and I had 1 second alone. "I wanted to give you this" She takes out a necklace with a little heart. It had our intitials.

"Em, you didn't have to get me anything" I say as she puts it on me.
"I wanted to give my partner something special bc they have been through so much. And I love them."
I turn around in shock. This is the first time she called me her partner and that she loves me.

I press my lips on hers. "I love you too. Thank you"