Dynamic Duo

Today was the day of the exam and we were all put on a luxurious cruise ship in order to take us to the island. The cruise ship had three floors to it with each providing entertainment of different types to the students. They had two swimming pools and a few mini bars on the first level which served non alcoholic drinks to students. On the second level they had a restaurant with a unique selection of foods from across the globe and a hall which lead to student rooms which they shared with another person or in this instance their duo. A Boy and a girl were allowed to share a room granted nothing indecent takes place between them. Finally on the third floor was a game room exclusively built for students to enjoy a vide variety of games ranging from classic retro to the latest games available in the world.

I was in my room which I ended up sharing with Kushida. I did not want to go exploring the ship right now as I felt tired and wanted to relax in my bed for the entire duration of our trip, it was also due to the fact that I had no real friends to hang out with.

"Hey Ayanokoji stop sitting in our room the whole day and let's go to the pool" Kushida had entered our room after hanging out with her friends at the start of the cruise trip.

"I'm fine right here for the time"

"No your not we are going to the pool to enjoy ourselves now get ready in five minutes I'll meet you outside"

"Hm ok" I guess I had no choice but to go with her besides it wouldn't be so bad to hang out at the pool with my girlfriend.

I put on my swimsuit and exited our room where I was greeted by Kushida who was waiting outside.

"Wow Ayanokoji for someone who doesn't play sports you have quite the built body" Kushida was staring at my chest seemingly impressed by my physique.

"Thanks you look nice as well in your swimsuit" I had learned on the internet that woman like to be complimented when they have worn something nice.

"Oh wow you actually know how to compliment a girl huh Ayanokoji"

"Either ways let's go to the pool shall we?" As I said this she grabbed my arm arm and we started to walk towards the pool.

When we arrived I finally understood why she asked me to go to the pool with her. There were couples everywhere around the pool area and Kushida had brought me along to show off the fact that she too has a boyfriend not because she wanted to hang out together. I gotta say I was a bit disappointed but not surprised by this.

"Hey Kushida over here" a few of her friends waved towards her and motioned her to come over to their place, Kushida started walking towards them dragging me along as we went.

"Hey guys I would like you all to meet my boyfriend Ayanokoji" well this is awkward she really is putting me on display like a trophy in front of her friends.

The girls became quite for while as they stared at my chest and then at Kushida wondering something.

"Nice to meet you Ayanokoji, I'm sato" finally after an awkward silence one of the girls called Sato spoke up. I was grateful to her for breaking this awkward situation I was in.

"Hi I'm Ayanokoji Kiyotaka nice to meet you all, I hope we can all get along" I feel like I did a good job introducing myself here.

After we introduced ourselves we all started to play in the pool. We played a 5 on 5 swimming pool Volleyball game where I was with Kushida, Sato, Shinohara and Matsushita. Our team was winning the game with Kushida being exceptionally talented at Volleyball. We created a rally between the two teams and as the ball came over to our side:

"I got it" Matsushita yelled while moving towards the ball, she jumped up and as she was about to strike it she suddenly pulled back and ended up missing the ball.

"Sorry looks like I misjudged my length, my bad." To the others it really did seem like she missed her shot but I realized that she intentionally pulled back her shot but why she did that I didn't understand. I have a feeling she too is hiding her true abilities like me but I need to know why, if she can become a great asset to the class then I need her to use her full strength to help us win.

After we finished playing our game I excused myself from the group and walked towards the mini bar where I saw a figure of the compass devil sitting.

"What are you doing sitting by yourself here Horikita."

"I could ask you the same thing, what are you doing hanging around those dimwits playing Volleyball none the less."

" I was forced to it's not like I had a choice in the matter but back to my question what are you doing here?"

" I was just observing our target for this special exam wondering what he's done to get you to become suspicious of him"

"Oh it's not what he did in public but what someone caught him doing in private that I'm concerned about."

"May I ask what exactly he's done?" I decided to let her know the truth regarding our classmate as I need Horikita to work as my speaker in this class.

"He was caught leaking important information about our classmates to another class for private points and a date with a girl"

"And how exactly do you know this may I ask"

"Let's just say an old friend warned me beforehand regarding him"

"Yo Suzune" a familiar voice came from behind us, as we turned around to see who, it was Ryuuen.

"What do you want? Come to frame one of my classmates again Ryuuen?"

"Come now don't be like that, I just thought me and you could enjoy this cruise ship together so how about you ditch that lackey of yours and come with me?"

"I would rather die then spend time around you, honestly I feel bad for those classmates of yours who have to put up with you." As Horikita said this someone ran up from behind us in an attempt to kick Ryuuen. Ryuuen however blocked their kick with ease and even pinned her to the ground.

"Now now Ibuki is that any way to greet someone especially when they are talking to someone else?"

"Damn you Ryuuen, I won't take any more of your abuse no one in the class will!"

"Then how come you are the only one here? Where are the rest of the people who won't stand to take my abuse? See clearly they are still willing to take it while you are the only one who has a problem here, now how about we talk more in my room you're creating a scene here." It was true that their little quarrel had made everyone's eyes on them and what was going on here.

(We will now be arriving at our destination. Students please gather at the front deck of the ship) 

We all heard an announcement from the speakers of the ship, it looked like the special exam was about to begin. Everyone gathered at the front deck with their partners as I met up with Kushida.

"Looks like this is it, now for a whole week it's going to be just you and me Ayanokoji"

"Seems like it, hopefully we do well on this exam together."

We were all then provided with the basic necessities and a tent each and then dropped off on the island. Before being dropped off we were each given a card per duo and we were told that:

"These cards are designed to sign you in to specific designated areas that we have set up across the island. These areas are what you call your safe zones, all your basic needs will be fulfilled in these areas and no one except the duo who signed in are allowed inside these areas anyone attempting to forcefully enter these areas will be immediately disqualified. You and your partner who are staying in this area are given a maximum of 20 class points, 10 per day for a maximum of two days because that is how long you are allowed to stay in these areas. Also you and your partner are only allowed to use these areas once throughout the week that you will be on this island."

"Hey Ayanokoji I was thinking we should use these areas at the very start of the exam that way we won't have to use our provider resources until the third day." After hearing about this Kushida proposed a good plan to me.

"Yeah sounds good"

Part 6 ends here:

Let me know what you guys think about the slight alteration to the island exam and any other thoughts you have regarding the story.