Chapter 2

Minato paced around the small room, his arms cradling a small bundle wrapped in a soft blue blanket. The bundle contained his newborn son, Naruto, who had just come into the world a month ago. Minato and Naruto have gone through hell and back. Their time in the hospital was rushed and the death of kushina has been taking such a difficult toll on Minato. 

Minato was in awe of this tiny human being in his arms. Naruto was so small and fragile, yet he already had so much energy and personality. At first, Minato wanted to die with kushina, not wanting to live without his wife, But now that he has Naruto in his life all he wants is to take care of the life he had worked so hard to start.

As he walked, he softly hummed a lullaby he had learned from kushina. Naruto's eyes fluttered open, and he gazed up at his father with a mixture of curiosity and wonder. Minato smiled down at him, feeling a warmth in his chest he had never felt before.

He walked over to the window and looked out at the peaceful village of Konoha. For a moment, he allowed himself to bask in the calm, but he knew that peace was not something he could take for granted. He had a duty as the Fourth Hokage to protect his people, and as a father, he had a duty to protect his son. He turned back to Naruto, who had fallen back asleep. Minato couldn't help but feel a sense of responsibility for the life he had brought into the world. He vowed to be there for Naruto, to guide him and protect him, no matter what challenges they may face in the future.

As the week passed, Minato settled into a routine with Naruto. He spent his days changing diapers, feeding his son, and singing to him to soothe him when he cried. He was surprised at how natural it all felt, how quickly he had fallen into the role of a father.

At night, when Naruto was finally asleep, Minato would sit by the window and watch the stars twinkle in the sky. He thought about His wife, and how she looked just like their son, he hoped that Naruto had some aspects of her as well.

On this night Minato was thinking about what he could do. He had a wide variety of options in how we would want to work this out. He could resign as hogake and be a traveler ninja until Naruto could become a genin, He could resign as hogake and be a stay-at-home dad until Naruto was old enough to go to the academy, he could isolate Naruto. Then an idea struck him. He would reason with Hiruzen on him taking over as hogake for 8 and a half years, during that time, he would take Naruto abroad and would as if Jiraya would help him with controlling to powers of the kyubi whilst teaching him the basics. It was perfect. he walked over to Naruto's crib and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Goodnight kiddo." He said in a quiet and soft voice. He walked over to his bed and went to sleep.

in the morning

Minato woke up to the sounds of crying. He lifted himself out of bed and walked over to Naruto. He picked him up and went to the kitchen to prepare his bottle. Once he made the bottle and fed it to Naruto, it shut him up quickly. He gave Naruto a small diaper change and put him in some clothes to take him to talk to Hiruzen about his plan. Once he put some clothes on Naruto, he put Naruto in a chest carrier and locked up. Naruto was still asleep, so Minato walked slowly so as to not wake him up.

Minato knocked on the hardwood of Kiruzen's door. The old man came slowly toward the door before opting it. "Hel- Ah Minato! And baby Naruto, I see. How are you feeling?" Minato smiled "We're both doing good, still a little sore. How are you?" Hiruzen smiled. "I'm doing good, I assume you come here for business?" Minato nodded his head. "Yes, I have a favor to ask of you." "Go on then." Minato smiled a little. "I was wondering if you could fill in as Hokage for me until little Naruto here turns 8. I know it's a big request but I need all the time I can get to train him with the kyubi." Hiruzen sighed. "Do you plan on asking Jiraya to assist you in this?" Minato nodded his head. "Yes, that's the idea." Hiruzen thought for a minute before sighing again. "Fine, but I expect him to get good training, no slacking off. Think of it as a mission, and if there's any major arguments or big news, ill mail you about it for a dicision." Hiruzen said with a small smile, Minatos face lit up at the news. "Of course Hiruzen." "well, then you should probably tell Jiraiya and get to packing." Minato nodded. "I'll see you soon Hiruzen, Thanks again!" Hiruzen watch as the young after went off with his sleepy baby.

868 words :D