3.

A girl clad in a beautiful red lehenga kept staring at her reflection. Her eyes were teary, her heart empty but still a slight hope in her soul. Hope that her time will change for the better. Hope that one day she will achieve everything that she dreams of. Hope that her father has selected a good person for her. A person who will respect her and her dreams. All she did was hope until there was a knock on the door.

" Tashu"  She turned her head towards a manly voice

" Mai jaanta hoon ki abhi mai tumhe tumhara dushman lag raha hoon."

" But believe me, Vinay, he is the best option  for our dynasty." Stated the voice.

"What about me? Is he the best option for me?" Tashvi thought but alas she could not put her thoughts in front of her father.

"Papa." Was all she could utter before her eyes started tearing up.

Her dad took her in his arms and caressed her hair. She was his only daughter. The Apple of his eye. But he was bound. Bound by his responsibilities.

" Make me proud beta. Be happy." He blessed her and after a last tap on her head, he left, his eyes a little wet.

He knows he was a bad father. He loves his daughter but he loves his nation a lot more. This marriage had to happen for the betterment of his people.

Vinay was a blockhead, he was not as power-hungry as "him". Him, a person who was betrothed to his daughter because of a promise made by his father.

He was terrified. He knew if Tashvi got married to him then Khalasi would be no longer his. He will no longer be powerful. And " he" on the other hand will rule the entire world.

" Taiyaar hai, woh?" Gayatri, his wife interrupted his thoughts.

"Haa. Send someone to get her down." He directed.

————————————————————————

"Rajkumari, Niche bula rahe hai." Anjani, the lady in waiting notified her, covering Tashvi's head from the veil.

As Tashvi descended the stairs all she could see was her hell. Hell, she so prayed to turn out to heaven.

She had no idea when she was made to sit beside her to be and was made to do all the rituals. It felt like hours of robotic movements when the priest finally announced them, husband and wife.

Wife. She was now married. To the person, she knew nothing about.

Husband. This stranger was her husband. She has to spend all her life with this stranger. Till she dies.

Loud gasps brought her out of her thoughts. All the guests were looking aghast and her family they were looking pale. As if they have seen a ghost. A ghost, they were looking like that at her husband.

Curiously, she slightly turned her head to look beside her only to find someone else standing in the place of her husband. She was sure this was not how Vinay looked. She has seen his photos. He was someone else. She was married to someone else.
__________________________________

I know it's been so long. But I was just so demotivated by the response. If you are reading this, just know that I am grateful. But It would be really nice, if you could spare some seconds and vote or comment if you liked the chapter. It would mean the world to me.

Thank you for reading. Please vote, comment and share.